Antweight World Series 58 - 29th June 2019

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

peterwaller

Re: Antweight World Series 58 - 29th June 2019

Post by peterwaller »

When was that decided and by who I thought as Dan offered to host the AWS as far as I knew first he would get it.
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

Its ok, I think the shefield one was decided before I even announced my event. Although I could run my event as an AWS if needed. Otherwise it will be an antweight open. Either way it should be good fun. ☺
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
Anty-social

Post by Anty-social »

Does anyone want to cluster a flea as part of an ant cluster? One of the robots inside my cluster has a broken ESC and so I was wondering if anyone wanted to drive one of theirs with it. If nobody wants to I will just run the flea by itself (with ballast) :D .
cmalton

Post by cmalton »

Hi all,

Just as a heads up - this won't be quite the event I want it to be. I am certain it will be a fantastic day, but it's just not going to be up my usual standards. I'm not going to go into the details of what/how/why, but I do want you to be aware that I'm not entirely happy about the standard I feel I'm going to be delivering tomorrow caused by a number of factors outside my control. We'll do the best we can though - and I am sure you'll support me in doing so.

For those following along on mobiles and tablets - http://antlog.arc-robotics.org.uk/event/18 is the place to go (only works once the on-venue Antlog is online).

See you all in the morning.

Chris
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

to be honest Chris, as long as theres an arena to fight in, a list with fights scheduled, a place to charge robots and gaffer tape to stick bits back together... im sure it will be a decent event...

hell, id probably still attend if it was held in a cardboard box in some back alley... in the rain... while being stabbed...

don't worry too much about anything... we all appreciate the effort you have gone to to bring us this event... the only way any of us would be let down is if it was cancelled... otherwise your all good...

see you in about 8 hours...
Team Rocket
Trappist 1(4wd grab 'n' lift)
Ton 618 (4wd expanding bot)
Io(4wd flipper)
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

morning all... today i will have plenty of tools, glue and tape with me if anybody needs anything...
among other random bits... things like a dremel style tool thing, soldering iron with about 10 miles of solder, drill with practically any sized bit you would need, tap in 4 random sizes smallest being m3, hot glue gun, heat shrink, scissors, tin snips, acetate, various double sided tapes, an assortment of random screws and stuff... basically almost anything you could need... what i dont have is spare electronic's like esc's and receivers...

but if anyone needs anything for repairing bots, or just forgot to bring something vital, feel free to ask...

i will see you all at the event :)
Team Rocket
Io(4wd flipper)
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Dan I was worried there had been a big discussion I had either missed or forgotten and was loosing my marbles.
My memory is not what it once was and it was never that good to start with. :oops:
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

cheers Chris... great event... a big congrats to the winner (not mentioning names incase people who didnt attend want to see the video)

heres to the next one
Team Rocket
Io(4wd flipper)
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

Thanks to Chris for putting on a great event. Sorry we had to leave early but we were actually on the way home from a week's holliday and were all very tired. It was great to see everyone again.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
Derek Dudge

Post by Derek Dudge »

Yeah that was spot on. I very much enjoyed. Kudos to Chris and anyone who helped with running.

The field of bots seems better than ever too. Some of those nasty weapon bots are getting scarily reliable.

I got me a couple new favs to watch out for in future events too. You all build some awesome stuff.
My robots:

Third Law (antweight) - push/ram bot
Manticore (antweight) - hammer bot