AWS 50- 23rd July- Basingstoke

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

BeligerAnt

Re: AWS 50- 23rd July- Basingstoke

Post by BeligerAnt »

peterwaller wrote:Just been going through the results and it looks like three of my 4 robots were taken out by a combination of Alex, Rory, Andy and Scott.
The Fight results page link seems to be missing somehow but if you select the one on the AWS49 page and change the eventid=2 to eventid=3 you get there.
There seems to be a weird bug that only affects AWS50. No matter how many times I set its state to "Complete" it manages to get itself set back the "Registration" so there are no "Fights" or "Results" links displayed. I'm looking into it but at the moment can't figure out why it is only AWS50...
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Occashokka

Post by Occashokka »

It's because antlog refuses to admit someone other than Alex and Andy won, change it to an ICBINS victory and it will work fine :P
Team Badger
Has a 3d printer now yay
-£4.82+VAT (intact)
-cool modulated printed thingy
-not yet built nasty mean spinnt thingy

I'm gonna build something huge and stupid, try and stop me :P
UserFriendly

Post by UserFriendly »

Occashokka wrote:It's because antlog refuses to admit someone other than Alex and Andy won, change it to an ICBINS victory and it will work fine :P
LOL :lol:
Andy B - Team UserFriendly
Reading Cybernetics Graduate 1996
Trying not to take Antweights too seriously. I think I'm failing.
First AWS was 46.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I don't know if I just missed or it hasn't been posted it but here is the link to the video of AWS50.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n-6cuIlm6g
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

BeligerAnt wrote: There seems to be a weird bug that only affects AWS50. No matter how many times I set its state to "Complete" it manages to get itself set back the "Registration" so there are no "Fights" or "Results" links displayed. I'm looking into it but at the moment can't figure out why it is only AWS50...
I finally tracked it down to a link posted on here that was being followed by a spider, causing the event to be re-opened at a random time within a day of me closing it!
I've fixed the link and will fix Antlog so that a) it doesn't generate links like that to share, and b) it has some security on the event opening action so that only the event organiser and administrator can open events (should have been like that in the first place!)
Gary, Team BeligerAnt