AWS 49 - Coventry - April 30th 2016

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Shakey

Re: AWS 49 - Coventry - April 30th 2016

Post by Shakey »

I know I'm a bit late on this.

A huge thanks to everyone who helped to organise the event, it was a great event and there were a lot of tough fights all around. I think only 1 of my robots has gotten away without needing a rebuild thanks to all the spinners. :) I look forward to the next event where I've got some unusual robots planned!
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
UserFriendly

Post by UserFriendly »

Likewise to the above comments, we had a great time. Kids loved it, and everyone was very warm and welcoming again.

I was very disappointed the night before, having not managed to make Slap Dragon 'slap', besides the fact of a slight 'control' problem (let's call it :-? )

I was particularly impressed by the Bristol BEEES team bot Big Hero 6, with their custom infrared controller, and unique steering contoller.

I hope Scott/Joey got enough donations to cover the hall hire. Can't wait to come again. must clear up the living room of robots parts first...
Andy B - Team UserFriendly
Reading Cybernetics Graduate 1996
Trying not to take Antweights too seriously. I think I'm failing.
First AWS was 46.
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

I forgot about the donations, I'll make sure I'll pop a few quid in Scott's pocket if/when he comes to the Games
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

Was a great event, and despite having not meant to be there, it was definitely good stress relief from exams being able to unleash all my spinners :P Somehow got all bots in to the top 16, one in the top 3, and Bad Idea came 8th for reasons I don't yet fully understand! No real damage done to my own machines other than a wing off Why Wait, so not much to do ahead of the Games fortunately :)
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Robots: Nuts 2 and many more...

NanoTwo Motor Controllers: https://nutsandbots.co.uk/product/nanotwodualesc