20th August 2016 - The Oxford Games, Carterton

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

razerdave

Re: June 4 2016 - The Oxford Games, Carterton

Post by razerdave »

Most spinners are just a weapon delivery system. If it's not designed to control etc then why enter it in the football?

The teams of one robot/excess of 16 teams will get randomly paired with another team and they'll only be able to use 1 robot, so you may well end up without a spinner for combat anyway (I'd imagine you'd pick ICBINS over, say, Test Robot for combat).

So I guess we have to do it all in the arena. Use the disc to self right but I swear I'll make you fill and paint the floor if you gouge it ;).
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

I'm afraid I won't be able to attend, as I already have plans for that weekend. I know you had issues, but announcing the date for something like this two weeks in advance is frankly untenable. I'm sure I won't be the only one who either won't have time to prepare or will already have plans. It surely would have been better to delay until later in the year?
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

I am considering just cancelling it.
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

As a heads up to everyone (I've spoken to Dave on the phone, and he will have a word with the venue), it's now looking like it might get put back a few weeks, possibly months, due to some of the concerns raised. Stuff happens, and hopefully this doesn't make anyone want to attend any less :(

(also apologies for anyone who had to deal with me earlier - it's one of those days where nothing seems to go how you want it for me!)
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

That's a shame you and Dave have obviously put a lot of thought and effort into organizing this and I am sure any slight problems could be ironed out on the day.
I was busy signing up when you posted and I noticed it was a low turn out so far, maybe if people are interested they could register asap as that may influence your decision.
limpet

Post by limpet »

A shame its being delayed, its been busy for us lately and had totally forgotten about signing up, although we were fully intending to be there with the arena. I don't think setting the date just beforehand should have been a problem as all of us knew it was going to be around this time, even I have robots ready to go. Keep me informed of the plans so I can bring the arena when it happens.
–-----------------------------

For AntFreeze
https://www.facebook.com/AntFreeze/

For my robots etc.
https://www.facebook.com/13Robotics
Ants, Fleas, Beetles, Feathers & Heavies
AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

It would be absolutely fine for us on the 4th but potentially not later on down the line. We are all pretty much prepared; just a few finishing touches and we'll be good to go.
botomatic1000

Post by botomatic1000 »

Yay more build time :D I wouldn't have been able to come on the 4th of June due to many things (medical thing and a relatives party how boring) I hope it will still be on
Ethan Wall KINGS HEATH COLLIDERS
Current Robots: Sprat Bait: The worst 150g Wedge ever built...
Elysium 1.4: Antweight Undercutter, built by Team Riptide, Brummie glass cannon edition!
Barracuda: Beetleweight Vert... hates working...
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Do we know if it has actually been put back or is it still on.
AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

Would also like to know so we know whether to get everything set for Saturday and sign up or not.