AWS 48, Basingstoke, 21st November 2015

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

peterwaller

Re: AWS 48, Basingstoke, 21st November 2015

Post by peterwaller »

Yes a great event which ran very well thanks to the organizers and antlog.
If we can just get everyone to sign up to events using antlog it will really speed up the starting of the competition.
Remember all the teams and robots that took part are already in the database so signing up for the next event will be a breeze.
Added to that the ability to change your entry means you don't need to to know exactly which robots will be entered to sign up so no need to leave it to the last minute. :roll:
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Thanks to Dan and Gary for organising everything (and to Gary and Paula on Friday night, and Dave on Saturday night, for the excellent company and food!); it was a lot of fun and I thought AntLog worked excellently :) I made it through the event without much damage, although I did only win one fight; I think better driving is the solution, along with attempting to build something for next year that isn't a parallelogram box...

Congrats to Andy and everyone else for winning, and hopefully I'll see you all again soon :)
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
teamocean

Post by teamocean »

Huge thanks to Dan and everyone involved for a very well run and enjoyable event!

I had my best result in quite a long time in the main event getting 3 of my ants into the top 16 with some excellent fights along the way. Also somehow managed 2nd and 3rd in the fleas too which was nice.

Well done to all the winners and hopefully see you all at the next one.
Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Well done to Andy for a third consecutive win with ALBOF (ironic that name has as least 4 AWS wins attached to it), we'll beat you one day :). After doing that TWICE (3 straight AWS wins with the same robot; Anticide and ALBOF), we ought to make him a trophy to keep :).

Exceptionally happy with Stewie and Baby Hell's performance, both making the top 10, only losing to 1st/2nd place robots an EDF (Dimitri, was always going to struggle) and myself (Stewie and BH fighting each other), good to retire BH on a high note :).

Thanks to Dan and family for organising and their hospitality (good cake :) ), and Gary for putting together such a smooth running program.

Team Hell WILL be back next time, I've had an uplift in spirits after my performance, and next year I'll have a new design to the roster, but only one new name to replace Baby Hell:
Stewie
Cruciatus
Baphomet
Good & Evil II
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

The recurring fights issue was due to an error in transcribing the Antlog2 spreadsheet tables into the Antlog3 database. This has now been fixed and fights should re-occur much less frequently.

I can only apologise for everyone having to sit through two R.O.N.N.Y. vs Titanic fights... :oops:
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

Have to say it was great being able to see your fights well in advance; it let me know how long I had to try and get Bad Idea going again (a futile task sadly) :L

Compared to my efforts at the last AWS, I did pretty appallingly; Bully and Bad Idea went out in 2 straight fights, and Skutter and Why Wait only managing a little better.. I think the whole Bad Idea catching fire in my first fight shook me up a bit, and by the time I recovered I'd already lost most my lives :L Ah well.. planning to be back with more spinners next time :)
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Robots: Nuts 2 and many more...

NanoTwo Motor Controllers: https://nutsandbots.co.uk/product/nanotwodualesc
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I had a bad showing with most of my robots.
Both Termite Cluster (track cut) and Combatant (lemon receiver died) went out in their first and only battle.
Flippant did better but due to opening the flipper at the wrong time to a spinner lost the wires off the battery.
My lemming lost its scoop as did arena noise and on n two of the gearboxes came apart and I have lost the initial gear on both.
Of my ants only Anticyclone came off undamaged apart from a few scratches and all the fleas survived as did my other two nano's.
Still had a good time which is a bit worrying but at least it gives me plenty to keep me busy over the cold winter months.
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Since he forgot to post it, Harry's video (up on Monday)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvdHVG6HB3I