AWS 46- University of Reading- 28th March 2015

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Shakey

Re: AWS 46- University of Reading- 28th March 2015

Post by Shakey »

The venue worked really well and as Gary noted there was a much better chance to talk to everyone there when not fighting and everyone had a pretty good view of the arena.

The fights were great and I still managed to do well. Though with Stanley no longer first I can finally retire him and replace him with something a bit more exciting! The robot I was most pleased with though was 'Test Robot Please Ignore'. I only started to design him at midnight before the event but it did quite well and provided some good entertainment (I'll treasure my trophy made from the remains of mecha spall forever). It was a shame we didn't have as many of the nano spinners working as at the ant open but I'll be making sure that changes before next time!

Hopefully the videos will be up soon and we can all facepalm as we rewatch our fights to see ourselves driving off! :P
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

I had as good a time as ever, despite my awful performance after being drawn up against what felt like every spinner going over and over! I apologise for mine and Gemma's slightly antisocial attitudes, everyone knows why!
Other than that the running was exceptional, the team was great and the company was outstanding (shout out to Cameron and Joel for getting stuck in, lovely boys, please keep coming).
I have zero objections to having two back to back events in Reading. It would make life a hell of a lot easier for us. Plus I think people may be slightly hesitant to host now its getting so large...if someone else wants it, fine, but I reckon most people would rather just go to Reading!
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
playzooki

Post by playzooki »

congrats to the winners, didnt get the chance to watch the stream :(

i have nothing against consecutive events in reading, but we need to make sure the aws moves around so more people get a chance to go.
haz

Post by haz »

Any event pictures up anywhere?
AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

Two at Reading next year would be awesome! And is there any chance of the AntLog file being uploaded? I'd like to see exactly where I went wrong.
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Hey guys

Great event, props to all the folks running it (Will especially), sorry I didn't do very well (I need to learn to drive Baphomet) but I've learned a few things from the experience.

I want to apologise for my behaviour when I lost (with Baphomet the first time and my appalling reaction to loosing to Lemmings with Baby Hell), things have put me a bit on edge as of late, and I found both of those especially frustrating.

I'd be quite happy having 2 in reading on the trot, however, is it possible for Will to do just AWS 50 and make a big deal of it and let someone else do AWS 49?
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

How about asking for volunteers to run it and if no one does in the next couple of months then Will gets it?
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
TeamCrash

Post by TeamCrash »

Thanks Dave, I'll definitely try and get to every event.
I live in a bit of an awkward location (middle of England) but I honestly don't mind coming down to Reading.
Team Crash- Robots:
Crash (Antweight)
RDR (Antweight)
The Not So Grim Reaper (Fleaweight, retired during construction)
Crash XL (Beetleweight, construction phase)
Occashokka

Post by Occashokka »

Dave you're not alone in feeling like you got all the spinners with baby metal 3 out of 4 of the fight were against spinners(mutant,the one in good and evil cluster and of course that fight with entropy ):p
Team Badger
Has a 3d printer now yay
-£4.82+VAT (intact)
-cool modulated printed thingy
-not yet built nasty mean spinnt thingy

I'm gonna build something huge and stupid, try and stop me :P
PanoramicHarry

Post by PanoramicHarry »

Thanks again for another great event.

The photo album can be found here:
https://www.facebook.com/?ut=43&wstart= ... gefilter=3