AWS 45 - Coventry - 1st November 2014

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

AntRoboteer

Re: AWS 45 - Coventry - 1st November 2014

Post by AntRoboteer »

Larger discharge batteries? That could just be the answer! I shall make sure to keep my eye open when I do my battery buying next! However, I may be clustering Hoondal with a nano to spice things up a little and leave space for a 4WD pusher (watch out Stanley!) in the place of the Power Cluster.

Thanks to everyone for all your help!
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Remote-Controlled Dave obviuosly has an extremely good memory and noticed and error in one of the group stage result sheets.
I had shown Anto 3 (sorry Craig) going out to Ant Clank but after checking the hand writen charts I found in fact it won that fight but then went out to Chomp.
Here is the updated chart.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Just noticed watching the video that, although the Smart Ant robots were entered as 2 teams, Kenton drove all 6 robots. This is against the rules and really not in spirit of the comp. We'll have to keep tabs on it in future. I'm sorry to draw attention to it as its negative, but it has to be addressed really.
A separate team needs a separate driver, and the ONLY way you should be driving more than 4 robots is if you're helping someone else out with their clusterbot. We are all aware of these rules!
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

oh well. i'm sure it was an honest mistake. i agree the rules need to be enforced better though.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Remote-Controlled Dave wrote:Just noticed Kenton drove all 6 robots. This is against the rules and really not in spirit of the comp. We'll have to keep tabs on it in future. I'm sorry to draw attention to it as its negative, but it has to be addressed really.
A separate team needs a separate driver,
We are very sorry but we thout kenton ( it was me lincoln driving not kenton) woud come to drive the second team but he didn't so I had to drive both teams. We are now only going to be one team from now on as kenton has lost interest in robots :(

Lincoln and Chris
Ps We want to change are username on hear but it won't let us.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Ah, sorry Lincoln, I mixed you guys up. Gary should be able to change your username.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39