AWS 45 - Coventry - 1st November 2014

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Craig_Anto3

Re: AWS 45 - Coventry - 1st November 2014

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

Not worth it
Last edited by Craig_Anto3 on Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

... On a less depressing note; today was the most fun I've ever had a robot event :) That was partly down to the fact I came 4th and 5th/ joint 4th/ whatever it was, but so many comical fights with the Lemmings, MiniTinny and FlailWhale. Definately looking forward to Basingstoke now :)
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Robots: Nuts 2 and many more...

NanoTwo Motor Controllers: https://nutsandbots.co.uk/product/nanotwodualesc
Shakey

Post by Shakey »

I had a great event today!

Managed to retain the title but the best part by far was that there were so many great fights along the way! Between Minidozer and a full ant, to any lemmings fight there were just too many great moments. Can't wait for the live stream to be uploaded. Congratulations to Will for Winning the Nanoweights contest and to Hogi for winning the fleas (Always a well driven opponent to fight :) ).

HSOD did far better than I thought and left a few robots a lot worse off than at the start of the match (Sorry Salt and Pepper). Carbon was disappointing in the main competition but redeemed itself in the annihilator, just need to tweak it a tad. Sharkbait also suprised me, hopefully I'll ge another nano to go with it built. And Stanley Stanley'd.

Thanks for everyone who helped organise the event and to the rest of you guys for some seriously good fights and tough competition.
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Yes another great event thanks to Scott and everyone else who helped especially the large numer who stayed behind to help clear up.
Congratulations to all the winners there were some great fight and I can't beleive how well the nano's in the lemming cluster servived at least two major spinners.
I will type up the result charts as soon as I can the only problem seems to be that there is no chart for group B in the ants maybe Dave still has it.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

I PMed you Peter
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I just found it after posting have sent reply.
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Hey guys

Thanks to Scott for organising the event, very well done with the stream and commentary and such, shame you couldn't stick around to see the end.
Cheers everyone (too many to mention) that stayed behind and helped me with the clearing up afterwards, much appreciated :)
Big shout out to Dave and Gemma for sorting out the draws, not a task I envy.

Well done to all the winners, especially to Dan for getting the fleaweight title with his first foray into the weight class. I'll get you next time :) Alex, you too :).

From my own POV, the event went well, getting 2 robots into the last 16, Baphomet performing well in only his second event and Baby Hell defying my expectations and making it that far, almost taking 2 of Andy's machines out in the process (Fandabidozy and Anticide, they were both close). I was disappointed with Stewie due to the power loss issue, which made me almost come a cropper against the mighty Lemmings, but I will endeavor to get the issue resolved for next time. Good and Evil which was rather hastily bound to another TX did not work well at all, but the plan is to keep them in fleaweights and build a custom clusterbot for next time.

I would also like to apologies for my little temper tantrum after the fleaweight final, I was very frustrated to have gotten that far with 2 lives intact only to be beaten (all be it by a far superior driver) twice in the final. Massive props to Dan though :)

I'll be back next time with some new and improved robots, Looking forward to the next one :)
AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

Thank you all for an outstanding event!

I just wish my robots were better!

Hoondal started driving itself and spinning around uncontrollably after use of the throttle channel for the flipper which was quite rubbish. Did anybody else have this problem?

I had a great time and a huge number of fights so I'm really happy about that. A few of my robots will need to be rebuilt but I might leave that until after the Antweight Open which I'm really looking forward to.

Well done to Alex for winning with Stanley (again) and especially Dan with Fleadom Fighter. That was so awesome!

Once again, thanks a lot for a great event and for supporting my Dad with his robots- he had such an excellent time.

See you all at the Antweight Open! :D
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

What controller are you using? I'm having this trouble but I don't know why exactly.
AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

Using a cheap MLP4DSM and the new (only arrived last week) OrangeRx R615X DSMX receiver. It could possibly be caused by induced current or interference created by my Park HPX F or due to a component on the receiver causing issues. I also have one in the second part of the Antivation Cluster and that barely had any issues at all. I'm seriously confused! It could have been the wiring arrangement as all of the servo wires were packed in together and the servo wires just so happened to go past that HPX F to reach the drive servos. I shall explore this shortly in the new version of Hoondal being made for the Antweight Open. Really disappointed that it started playing up in that fight against the green flipper (4-LOM I think). Such a shame...