antweight open 2. 22nd november 2014

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Rapidrory

Re: antweight open 2. 22nd november 2014

Post by Rapidrory »

AntRoboteer wrote:I really wish I could have had more of a go at the spinners in the annihilator though...
Sorry, we were all going after Stanley :P I was very impressed with how your team stood up to the spinners though; better than quite a few of the 3D printed ones!
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Robots: Nuts 2 and many more...

NanoTwo Motor Controllers: https://nutsandbots.co.uk/product/nanotwodualesc
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

I reckon GiANT Evo II is getting pretty good! Evo III soon?
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

Thanks everyone! Unfortunately, no Evo III just yet but Evo 2.1 (improved motor mounts, stability and stuff) will hopefully make its debut at Ant Freeze looking almost identical to Evo II. Just need to improve my horrendous driving and I might just win a few more battles. However, there will hopefully be a new AntWithTopHat Returns (gearmotors from Doktor Power and new axe and flipper servos but still just as rubbish) which will run alongside a shiny new version of the original AntWithTopHat in all its awful glory with over 5cm ground clearance, axe that doesn't reach the other robots, flipper that is completely vertcal and even more. That is if I can breathe some life into the SG90s - same ones running for almost a year now with no cleaning or other maintenance! I'm thinking of calling it Class AXE (yes, with the capital letters!). What does everyone think?

Also, I'm not sure if anybody noticed but I believe I got a good shove on Stanley during that annihilator and possibly out of the arena with AntWithTopHat if my brain isn't lying to me (if that makes sense) but I will need to see the footage of that to be completely sure - I might be being a bit optimistic! :-)
Shakey

Post by Shakey »

AntRoboteer wrote: Also, I'm not sure if anybody noticed but I believe I got a good shove on Stanley during that annihilator and possibly out of the arena with AntWithTopHat if my brain isn't lying to me (if that makes sense) but I will need to see the footage of that to be completely sure - I might be being a bit optimistic! :-)
Quite possible, trying to defend against the 2 spinners left me not really watching the other robots :P
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

Sorry to bump this thread but does anybody have the footage of the annihilators, tag team etc and could upload onto YouTube? Thanks!