AWS 40

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

olivers

Re: AWS 40

Post by olivers »

I'll be there too, despite moving to Maidenhead and now further away.
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

if Tim's going I'm going!

maybe

if I can get time off work
Cavecrusher

Post by Cavecrusher »

You should. :-)
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

What Tim said
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
teamocean

Post by teamocean »

A quick update

Been busy lately sorting out some of the plans for the day including streaming the event online and using all of the various projectors that we have at our disposal. Luckily we have secured the use of all of the facilities of the building we are using as well as the sound/video equipment from our uni TV station RU:ON.

Mark has also kindly offered to work on his software that we trialled at AWS 37 for automating the draw as well as integrating it with Antlog to speed up the process.

We may also be having a small audience of invited guests from the University but we have plenty of space to accomodate this (our arenas will be set up in a 400 seat lecture theatre)

More to follow soon.........
Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk
Anoptimistprime

Post by Anoptimistprime »

If money and work allows it, i shall be along to this
got plenty of time to fix and rebuild things
see you guys there :)
I'm an optimist prime
Not a negatron
teamocean

Post by teamocean »

Hi guys,

Preparations for the AWS are now in full swing we have a whole load of different things being worked on including some new software which will show a complete fight running order which will be shown on one of our projector screens to let you know who will be fighting without having to look through the charts. This should also give a rough indicator of what time you will be fighting.

The other major piece of news is the build of our new arena is underway. More details of that will be posted later.
Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk
teamocean

Post by teamocean »

Our new arena being built.

Spent yesterday reshaping the polycarb to get everything square and the same height. Then cut the floor and drop off sections and started to attach together. Today's job is to fit the second drop off and then the roof. We have some nice LED lighting to fit before it all gets stripped down for painting.

Now for some opinions- would people be in favour of small walls on the some of the drop off sides similar to Scott and Andy's arena?? Bare in mind that the fighting surface is 1200mm x 1000mm.

Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

I would be in favour of a small wall or 2 on the drop off sides. Maybe one mid-way like Scott and Andy's. Happy to submit to popular vote though.

How are you planning to get the robots in and out again? Could be interesting in such a big arena. Apart from that, it looks awesome and I can't wait to battle in it!
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Psychostorm

Post by Psychostorm »

I'd say principally against but whatever.

Bear in mind that if you make a center wall, there would already be a minor restriction due to the hexagonal shaped walls - that's technically unfair as it's not a straight drop off.