AWS 39 - Coventry - November 3rd, 2012

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

EpicentrE

Re: AWS 39 - Coventry - November 3rd, 2012

Post by EpicentrE »

The plug situation is a little more dire than I had anticipated. If 3-4 people could bring long (>5m) extension leads/reels, and 3-4 people could bring a plug gang, it would help out immmensly.

Thanks in advance.
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

After what seems like decades since I have been to a comp, I will be there with a new mantis. Sounds like it is gonna be a good one!
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Bit of an oversight here, but is anyone bringing a compressor or large 12v battery that I could use? My current one runs off my car battery, and attempts to run it off a drill battery did not go well. If not, I should be ok, will just have to run to my car between fights.
Team Invade

Post by Team Invade »

Signed up with three ants and two fleas for the AWS, and one ant for testing. We've got a long extension lead handy and a shorter one to make it into 7 sockets so we can bring that along (comes in useful at heavyweight events :) )

See you all tomorrow!
Website | YouTube | Photobucket | Build Diary

Featherweight UK Champion
Heavyweight Robot Wars Champion

Heavyweight Tag Team Champion
Featherweight Tag Team Champion
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

Andy managed to appropriate a load of extensions from his work, so I'm not panicking about that anymore.

As discussed previously, I think we will make it so that people can only enter the FWS or the warmup event in the morning, to ensure everything runs smoothly. Due to the larger arena (which looks bloody amazing if I do say so myself), the average length of fights will almost certainly increase, so I'd like to ensure we have as much time as possible for the main competition.

I'll be around at the venue from around 7:30am onwards, although obviously I'm not expecting anyone to arrive quite that early :P. If you need to contact me, my mobile is 07855 451139.

If anyone hasn't signed up yet, please do so tonight so that we can get the sign-ups and tech checks done as quickly and as smoothly as possible in the morning.

See you all tomorrow :D.
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
haz

Post by haz »

don't supose anyone has a small 2 cell lipo they could lend/rent/sell me? around 10g in weight. very cleverly broke the tabs off mine :roll:
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

I did jinx myself and had a bit of a panic with the electronics in anticide but it was the battery wires that were soldered the wrong way around... I just hope everything holds together. Nom and Kwijebo are the same as the last AWS.

All done, time for some sleep - see you all tomorrow morning.
TEAM GEEK!
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Yes haz, have a 138mah, about 7g, or a 120mah, which is about the same.
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

The very best of luck everyone :) I dearly wish I was there, but I'll be on the stream cheering everyone on, and sincerely hope a good time is had by all!
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
haz

Post by haz »

Duff wrote:Yes haz, have a 138mah, about 7g, or a 120mah, which is about the same.
cheers man, i would offer a 12v sla but i think a 17ah hawker is a tad overkill and i ain't lugging it around :P welcome to use of my charger if you need it.