AWS 39 - Coventry - November 3rd, 2012

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Remote-Controlled Dave

Re: AWS 39 - Coventry - November 3rd, 2012

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Found some ancient servos that still work so have assembled them into a poor but fun extra antweight roller. If anyone wants it on their team at the AWS, give me a shout.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

I've been testing all the stream equipment over the last few days, and everything is progressing nicely. I'll hopefully be running a test stream on Monday to check everything is working as it should be, so I'd be very grateful to anyone who's able to tune in and give me feedback on how it looks and sounds.

I'll post the link to the stream here once I've got some more bits and bobs finalised.

Regarding tournament management, I am going to be using an online bracket system provided by binarybeast.com. This will be running on a laptop which will allow anyone to easily enter results of fights, and being available online means any stream viewers are also able to navigate to the page to see the current brackets. It's also my intention to have another laptop connected to a big-screen TV with the brackets open, refreshing every minute or so, so people can easily see what fights are upcoming and who they're drawn against without having to crowd round and bother the person who's currently marking down the fight results & calling the next fights.

Just over a week left to get your entries in!
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Hi Scott.
All sounds muchos coolios! AWS goes high tech!
Have you built an arena or didn't you have time?

My only small suggestion would be to limit the callers/result loggers to maybe 3/4 people max. It could get a bit confusing if everyone is doing it all the time. Maybe just people who've run previous events or something?

Can't wait to see everyone!
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
haz

Post by haz »

Just signed up Gustav, he who kills in the facial regions and Blitzkrieg Bot for the ants and Black stabbath for the fleas. Android's dream i will sign up if/when its fineshed.
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

Andrew and I will be building the arena next week, I'll post pictures when I can!

And yes, I agree with the management, it will only be a few pre-decided people jumping on and off to do the recording and calling of fights.
Strobe111

Post by Strobe111 »

My ant should be ready for AWS 40 or 41. Does anybody know any dates or places generally these events take place?
A cheapy robot is a happy robot!
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

AWS 40 will be at Reading University in March 2013. Venue for AWS 41 will be decided then, it will be held around June/July.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

Is anyone else going to be joining Andrew, Dave, Gemma and I for a meal afterwards?
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

If we leave a bit earlier from the venue, then Ceri and I will, but we are limited by Ceri's train times.
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

Define "A bit earlier"? It's going to take some time to get everything put away at the end, so I can't just run off unfortunately. Was aiming at leaving the venue sometime between 6 and 7 as a rough guess, although that can always change depending on how long things take.