AWS 38 - Brighton 7th July

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

James

Re: AWS 38 - Brighton 7th July

Post by James »

My 170 ish pictures(and a few videos) are uploading to http://photobucket.com/AWS38

AWS Results

Edited 08/07/12 to add results on Team Beligerant website instead of my skydrive
Last edited by James on Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

An amazing event, congrats to scott and thanks to james an co. for organising it. Sorry for scurrying off early without saying bye to anyone but I had a train to catch. Looking forward to AWS39 :)
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Great event. Thanks to Gary and particularly James for running it, and very smooth and without any degree of panic. Huge congrats to Scott for winning, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, and to Andrew for coming second again. You will win one day, I'm sure. Lots of surprises throughout the event (Angry Bird, anyone?) made it very interesting. Me and Gemma will both be at AWS39, so until then! :-)
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

Had a great day, thanks James for the organisation. Congratulations to Scott and the other winners. Lots more to do for the next one, see you soon.

Good luck over the pond Joey
TEAM GEEK!
Psychostorm

Post by Psychostorm »

haz wrote:but i think we can all agree that angry bird needs to be killed.

in the face.
Bitter much Harry?

Congratulations & thanks to all - you know who you are.

Additional thanks to Dave Weston for putting up with and not killing me. Particularly though none of his loaner bots actually returned in the condition they were loaned...

Congratulations to the spinners for destroying my robot. Napalm Death still managed to take the Michael! Though lads, next time through the chassis 1 at a time!

Napalm Death is dead. Long live Napalm Death!
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Once again, thanks to James for handling most of the organisation :)

Full fleaweight results here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/g0xan/aws3 ... Fleas.html

Antweight results will be posted tomorrow (or see James' skydrive link above if you can't wait ;) )
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

Thanks to everyone for a great day, and for all the congratulations and birthday wishes :D.

Thanks especially to Gary and James for organising and running everything, and to Mrs. Aylward for the lovely cakes.

Congratulations to Joey for winning the fleas (I really must get one built...) and to all the others who did well in the competitions. I was especially impressed with Spyro - an excellent design that had very few weaknesses - and Delirious, which almost certainly would've won the "most original entry" award, had we had one. I was also really impressed with how well Ian Watts' son did. Clearly roboteering success runs in their family!

I look forward to seeing you all in Coventry later in the year!
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
ajw

Post by ajw »

Thanks to the Aylwards for a brilliantly organised event and everyone else for making it such an enjoyable day. Mike enjoyed driving Tantrum for the first time and had the pleasure of fighting angry bird not once but twice!

Congratulations to Joey and Scott on their wins, both well deserved. A fair amount of carnage yesterday so I've got a fair few repairs to make myself (Thanks Peter and Andy 8) ) Looking forward to Coventry.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Another great event well organised as usual by James and family.
Congrats to Joey and Scot plus all the others that did well.
It was looking like we might get a winner called Dave at one stage but it didn't quite work out for either of them in the end. :(