Southern Antweight Challenge 2012 - Brighton, 21 April 2012

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

peterwaller

Re: Southern Antweight Challenge 2012 - Brighton, 21 April 2

Post by peterwaller »

Yes another great event thanks to Gary and family for all the hard work.
That really is an ideal hall can't wait for the AWS there.
James

Post by James »

joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Got back home at last, had a brilliant time :) thanks to Gary, James, Ian &c. for putting it on, and to Dave for putting me up - sorry again about Blue Monday at 4am! :oops:

Very pleased with how my robots held up, Catatonia took a battering but is very repairable and worked really well as a wedge for Cheese It to push things with :) and it was great to see everyone, especially Scott after such a long absence and Harry with your far from awful robots, hehe ^^
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Geearofwar

Post by Geearofwar »

Thanks to all involved for a great event, had a lot of fun and Antimatter certainly did better than I expected! Looking forward to the AWS :D
Team DisConstructor
Jordan Geear, Driver of Antimatter and Red Dwarf
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-DC-A ... 1703987819
Deskconstructor

Post by Deskconstructor »

Had such a great day yesterday, thanks to all the organisers. May have got a couple more people intered in antweights now :)

THRUST still working okay, especially after the hit it took from Variant ( but the less said about the hit from Little Doris, the better :D)
ANTi Matter has become a fantastic robot now!
TiNY needs some major work carried out but all electric stuff is fine
but I am sad to say (and somewhat glad at the same time) Little Doris will no longer be competing in full combat events from now on. :cry: I would like to keep it, and one too many spinners have broken it.

I'm going to try and get a video on my youtube channel soon from this years and last years event, so keep an eye out for that.

Look forward to the next AWS (hopefully with a couple of new robots, that we don't have to build on the day :lol: )
Team DisConstructor
Team DC Antweights - Laurie Phillipson, Driver of Little Doris, THRUST, TiNY, Avenger, Avenger 2

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-DC-A ... 1703987819
http://www.youtube.com/user/LPDCmovies
James

Post by James »

Nearly all the full combat videos uploaded( ^link in my last post^),I will upload the rest of the videos(last few full combat and all the non spinner fights) tommorow :)
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

in the ones that are up ATM, there has been one removed from the playlist, how come ?
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Wowsers, I thought seeing Antimatter in first place meant it had an easy ride through, but it beat some superb robots! Huge congrats to those guys!

I noticed for this event there were a fair few robots that turned up without signing up. A few people did that at the last AWS too ((including Oliver, who really should know better!). Is this going to become an issue? If a ton of people turn up unexpectedly for a big event it could be a bit of a faff. Is it our fault for not making the sign ups clear enough? Or maybe the links to the sign up need to be put in a few more places, not just at the start of the thread of the event?

Just a thought.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
James

Post by James »

razerdave wrote:in the ones that are up ATM, there has been one removed from the playlist, how come ?
I hadnt spotted that, I may of managed to accidently delete it somehow :oops: will re-upload it when I do the rest this afternoon/evening :)
James

Post by James »

All my videos (all the full combat, all the non spinner and a few robots attempting the gauntlet/assault course) are now uploaded to http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5E0CBD661D2C802E

james