AWS 35 - Pontefract - 17th July 2011

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Team Orr

Post by Team Orr »

Is it cofirmed to be Sunday the 17th? if so il run it by the old folk and await their judgement.
Marco, will be awesome to see you again, i think it was RL Reading 08 that we last met :o
"if it wasn't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight"
Jack Orr
Team Orr Robotics
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

I would love to be there, but I'm filming a new show for Sky 1 in July so will have to make it to the next one
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Hi Joey?

How is this going, and do you have a start time? It's 3.5 hours from Reading so I'm trying to decide if a hotel would be the best bet.
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

I'm having great difficulty tracking down the precise people at college to talk to to finalise all this, sorry for the delay >_< but I aim to start at the later of 10:30am or 'when everyone's turned up'.

A hotel would be most peoples' preferred option I think, there's a Premier Inn in Glasshoughton which is separated from the venue only by a five minute drive (or, if you feel that way inclined, a half hour walk across Pontefract Racecourse)
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Is this the one Joey? http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/CASM ... e,-m62-j32

I'll await your confirmation before booking.
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

That's it, yep :)
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

the filming for the show I'm doing is end of may early June so i can make it so long as it doesn't clash with Sonisphere I'm in
PBx

Post by PBx »

Simon Windisch wrote:Hi Joey?

How is this going, and do you have a start time? It's 3.5 hours from Reading so I'm trying to decide if a hotel would be the best bet.
We are planning to stay over so perhaps there will be a chance to share information etc. in the evening. (By share what I really mean is that I learn a lot from others as I have very little to give in return :) )
Team - Yr Morgrug
The joy is the journey
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Great, see you at Bella Italia 9pm on Saturday
PBx

Post by PBx »

Simon Windisch wrote:Great, see you at Bella Italia 9pm on Saturday
Sounds like a date - almost. We have George a 9 yr old (driver of Morgrugyn 2) with us so earlier would be better if possible.
Team - Yr Morgrug
The joy is the journey