AWS 35 - Pontefract - 17th July 2011

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Ah, I have a 12 year old. If we leave at 4pm we should be able to make 8pm. How's that?

Simon
PBx

Post by PBx »

Deal :)
Team - Yr Morgrug
The joy is the journey
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

Joey, which is the best train station to go to. Also how much do you reckon a taxi might cost to get from train station to venue
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Simon, Paul: I might be interested in joining you guys actually, if you've no objection to enduring my presence for an evening meal :)

Craig: Pontefract has three stations (Tanshelf, Monkhill and Baghill) and Tanshelf is almost literally across the road from the venue, so that would be the best based on distance. None of them are on a sensible line though so your best bet might be to go to Wakefield Westgate station via Birmingham New Street and then get a taxi from there to the venue (should be about 15 pounds stirling). Hope all that helps.

I would like, incidentally, to apologise profusely again for the delays in confirmation. *sets off towards college staff with cricket bat*
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
PBx

Post by PBx »

Joey wrote:Simon, Paul: I might be interested in joining you guys actually, if you've no objection to enduring my presence for an evening meal :)
Fine by me :). Will you need anything preparing/sorting on the Saturday?
Team - Yr Morgrug
The joy is the journey
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Go for it Joey, I'll book a table for five when you confirm.
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

superb Joey, if I can get a train to you that would be awesome if not I'll get to Wakefield
joey_picus

Re: AWS 35 - Pontefract - 17th July 2011

Post by joey_picus »

Right, the hall is (finally!) booked and paid for and the first post has been updated with the details, so consider the event confirmed :)

Paul - I don't think I'd be needing anything on the Saturday, but if you could turn up early on Sunday morning and help with moving tables and chairs around it'd be much appreciated :) I suspect I'm likely to need help with the draw and tech checks too!

(and it sort of goes without saying that if anyone can bring an arena it'd also be appreciated :))
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Thanks Joey.

Hotel and restaurant booked.
haz

Post by haz »

i think i will be in pontefract from friday night so i could proberbly help with odds and ends, btw joey when will signups close?