German Event 5&6 March

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

maddox

German Event 5&6 March

Post by maddox »

It seems our German fellow roboteers are forgotten in the UK,

Antweights, Raptors and featherweights welcome in full combat environment.

The Google Translated webpage is here

If the translated page fails, the original
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Interesting. The address is Harpener Heide 5, Bochum, Germany

We've got two birthday parties that weekend so no can do for us.

Simon
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

They're not forgotten Mario, the information is here and they are welcome to any AWS we hold. I'll make sure I start putting AWS info in the DRG and GRA websites. We do have a few german ant builders come on here (like Panzer).

I'm afraid I can't attend this one because a) I am moving out on those dates and b) I'm coming to Veldoven the weekend after, I can't afford 2 foriegn trips in a month.
maddox

Post by maddox »

Team RCC got there, and for the first time in years, no trophies for us. (previous event either, but that was due entirely other reasons)

Katyusha is awaiting a new spinner motor.
Nebelwerfer is in tiny bits , awaiting a resurrection.
Hannibalito III had a good outing, but the all round character and the age is showing.
The German arena doesn't allow OOTA's, has a snooker table flat floor with good grip. The perfectly smooth floor allows the robots to have 0 groundclearance. And that works against Hannibalito III's , with its ability to run on rather uneven surfaces. Good flips are rare, and even then , only pitting the opponents is a sure way to win.

Our hope was on Kashei. Electrical axe/self righter. We know only the most feeble or armors can't handle this axe. But we hoped that the resilience (hardox belt armor) Drivepower (19,8V 6S 2P LifePO4) on the speed 900 MSR 12-54 drive combined with aggressieve handling would compensate. Unfortunatly, an unknown electrical gremlin played havoc for this event. Drive in the arena, swing the axe a few times, and poef, the drive doesn't respond. The axe moves slower than normal, and after resetting the DX6 , Kashei moves again.

Still, the German event is a good one. The participants are friendly and welcoming. The organisation is good, the venue is roomy, the cakes and coffee are great. The arena is safe.
Also, it isn't ment to attract crowds and make some profit.

All in all, the next German event will see Yeam RCC again.
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Cool, keep us posted on future events here please.