Southern Antweight Challenge - Brighton 9th April 2011

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

haz

Post by haz »

well done peoples! hope you had as good a day as i did (3-2 :D )
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Just got in, thanks to the Aylwards and Ian for a very enjoyable and fun event :) as ever everyone was excellent company and made the trip worthwhile, it was good to meet some of the relative newcomers too (although whether Little Doris counts as a newcomer is debatable, heh ;P) and I was quite pleased with how Jigsaw performed...it was also good to be able to entertain people with Jetstream's antics :)

Thanks also to Marco for the lift to Morden, much appreciated and I owe you one ^^
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Yet another great day out on the south coast thanks to all the organisers and other competitors. As was the aim it was more relaxed than a full AWS but still just as competitive once in the arena.
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Results:
Non-spinner
Gauntlet
Full Combat

Since Ian is happy to organise the venue, I am hoping to make this a regular event. Hopefully future events will avoid the school holidays and attract some support from local schools too.

James and I are already starting to plan a new and improved Gauntlet to challenge everyone's driving skills!

I think the non-spinner arena was successful in providing some slightly longer fights by requiring some direction in pushing of an opponent. Chairs will be provided for any future Pushy vs Ouchie re-match! :)

Thanks to everyone that supported the event. I think the numbers were just right and it was great to see some new and old faces.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Thanks for doing it Gary, we had a great time, and helped build a brand new antweight as well!
Marco Roberts

Post by Marco Roberts »

Rather late response but thanks for a great event. Lovely seeing you guys again. Sorry I didn't introduce my self and say hi to the new faces. I was a bit preoccupied making sure the ant I built the day before kept going ^_^

Sorting out my bits for upgraded versions of the ants. Looking forward to the next aws!

Also congratz to the winners.
<-=AWS 10 1st and 2nd champ=->
<-=AWS 13 1st and 2nd champ=->
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

The Gauntlet back in 2003