AWS33 - when and where?

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

When (and where) are we looking to hold AWS33? A rough date would be good so i can be ready in time. Looking at the dates of the last 2 we would be looking at mid October?
TEAM GEEK!
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

A bit further south would be nice, I haven't been to an AWS; they've always been too far away :(
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

AWS33 should be around the end of October or beginning of November.
The venue usually gets decided at the preceding AWS. If anyone wants to volunteer for AWS33 they should make their intentions known...
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

I was thinking of volunteering but I'll defer that for this go, I suspect Pontefract's a bit far north for a few people :P
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

If anyone wants to host AWS33, please post here for consideration by the committee at AWS32.

(If there are no other offers, I am happy to host and should be able to find a venue)
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

No apologies for bumping this thread :wink:

Any volunteers? Was it discussed at AWS32? Should I be looking for a venue?

... Anyone???
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

I don't think anyone else came forward at AWS32 so the general consensus was that you would host it :P I wasn't in the meeting though, I was at least three feet away from it.
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Yes sorry for not contacting you earlier as Joey said there was no one looking to run AWS33 so it was decided to take you up on your kind offer to run it.
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

OK, will look at venue availability. Will try for 30th October, but may have to move + or - a week...
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

Would that mean brighton cos that's so close to home I could probably walk (well maybe that's exaggerating a bit; I'd have to hike there) :D
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.