Antweight Challenge Trophy

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

teamocean

Antweight Challenge Trophy

Post by teamocean »

Since Whitwick I have been thinking more and more about running a small competition which could be run at larger events (such as roaming robots and robots live)

The idea is very similar to that of the Team Bud Challenge or the Challenge Belt from Robot Wars.

I have started to make a trophy which will be fought for at each event and the winner gets to defend at the following event.

I will start off the challenge with Ant Awe 6 at either Nottingham or Burgess Hill (depending on how many ants turn up to each)

The plan is to run a small knockout competition for antweight teams only (to stop the issue of robots not being ready for their fights). The winner of that competition will get to challenge Ant Awe 6 in a best of 3 contest for the Trophy.

The winner will then have their name on the trophy and will have to defend it at the next event.

What does everyone think? Who would like to enter? Which event should be the first one?

Let me know what you think

Thanks
Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Sounds good to me, I'd like to challenge you at Nottingham for it with Stewie
Team Orr

Post by Team Orr »

im up to take on whomever
"if it wasn't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight"
Jack Orr
Team Orr Robotics
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

I will take anyone up!
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

I'm very much in favour of it, I probably won't be able to compete for it for a while (AWS32?) but Jigsaw's more than willing to take on whoever's holding it when the time comes :)
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

Sounds like a good idea. Maybe to promote the idea that it's a small, side-tournament, and also to up the challenge level, only one ant from each team should be allowed to enter, similar to what we do with the warm-up events at AWSs?
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Sounds great.

Simon
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

Any progress on the belt?
TEAM GEEK!
teamocean

Post by teamocean »

I've just noticed this- to be honest I had forgotten all about it until I came across the bits of the trophy that I started the other day so I will look at finishing that off before I head back to uni.

So I will start the challenge at Barnsley for anyone that is going- rules are pretty simple- one robot from each team that wish to take part enters a melee- the last one standing gets to take on one of my ants (not sure which one yet) for the trophy- the winner must defend it at the next event- if they are not attending then 2 new robots will fight for it.

I think that is pretty much everything- any questions feel free to ask and anyone that is going to Barnsley and would like to enter please post here

So who is up for the challenge?? :D
Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

ME! :)

I'll decide which robot on the day but count me in.
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"