Reading Robot Club 21 - Saturday 22nd May 2010

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

razerdave

Post by razerdave »

That was rather amusing to watch, but what is actually causing it ?
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

Well i have know clue but i think it has something against truANT, and ouchie... :D
Antweightsforever

Post by Antweightsforever »

Hi all

I am really looking forward to this.

I have registered but I don't think it has come up.

Dan
Be scared of the Antisocial Ant.
Dan Townend

Check out the new website

http://teamasbo.weebly.com/
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

What's the schedule going to be like as I may have to leave early? :-?
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Dan, you're at http://windisch.co.uk/robots/rrc/rrc21/teams.pdf

The schedule will be something like:

11:30 set up tables etc
12:00 Speedway
1:00 Non-Spinner
2:00 Football
3:00 Spinner
4:00 Melees, prizegivng and put away
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

I guess I won't be able to make the spinner contest. Don't take me off the list though, It's not for sure. I'll let you know soon.
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

Actually, scatch that last one. Turns out it's O.K. I'll be their with my dad, cousin and (due to recent developments) my cousin's mum. :D
Jonathan Atkinson
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Looking forward to this now :) see you all there.
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

That was cool... Lots of fun and the first time any of my robots have been almost completely destroyed (thanks to Militant again) :P . Shame about R of the O constantly breaking down but on the whole a cracking event. :D
Jonathan Atkinson
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

It was :) I had a bit of an "adventure" afterwards as I missed my train back, had to book myself onto a different route and only just got in, but it was more than worth it for all the fun I had and all that Jigsaw won :)

Well done to Alasdair, Nathan and Peter for winning the events and it was great to meet everyone again, Jordan and Harry were both nice people who I've met for the first time today as well and look forward to seeing them at more events in the future.

I'd like to also make note of Jonathan for his perseverance in the face of adversity (or, as he's more commonly known, Peter Waller) :P
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"