AWS31 Eindhoven 17th April 2010

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

I will be there

Yes
57%
No
43%
Maybe
No votes

Total votes: 14

razerdave

Post by razerdave »

According to Rick Maas, its not the DBA we all know and fear, Tim's confused us all because he now has 3 DBA's, DBA Evo, DBA Evil and DBA (Da Black Ant), his carbon fibre pusher/lifter, and thats the one that won.

Sorry

Just a thought actually, having looked at the pic of DBA, he would have a spektrum servo on either side of the lifting scoop, just wondering how do you reverse a servo without an actual servo reverser like you can buy ?
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

All you have to do to reverse a servo is to reverse the connections to the motor, and reverse the connections to the ends of the feedback pot'.

I had to do this on a Naro once after they changed the way the servos worked...
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

You are quite right as usual Dave it was Kajuscha sorry Leo. I was really going all out to get a spinner to win again by both improving the stability of mine and entering 4 spinners and I didn't even get there. Maybe at Reading next month unless Dan has other ideas again.
Babeth

Post by Babeth »

razerdave wrote:I said it to mario but I'll say it here as well, congratulations to you both, about time you two got married, you've been together for about 10 years or around that ?

Do you have a date ?
10 years together already, which is why the date of 10-05-'10 is rather appropriate. (No, not October, October has no holidays you can combine with the 3 legal "Marriage Holidays" in order to get an entire week off without having to spend any of your "regular" holidays. :wink: )
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Congratulations Bebeth

Videos will be uploaded to http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 1D74993BBD and I'll pass the original DVD to Peter soon.

I'm looking forward to a repeat visit in 2013.

BTW Caroline of team EFWAH (incorrect spelling I know) has produced an excellent "How to build a Robot Wars robot booklet).

Simon
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

Congrats simon on the non spinner win. I also like the tracked robot with servo lifted wedge (tim?).
TEAM GEEK!
Cavecrusher

Post by Cavecrusher »

Andrew_Hibberd wrote:Congrats simon on the non spinner win. I also like the tracked robot with servo lifted wedge (tim?).
It's actually called DBA Not So Evil :P

and was built in about 4 hours because i needed another robot for the German competition (i registered 3 robot, but 'lost' 2 of them) :D
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I watched the video there were some nice robots there and some good driving. Are there any close up photo's like the ones of Dredger we can look at.
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

I think that Tim took lots of photos.

Simon
Team Orr

Post by Team Orr »

simon, in all those videos you said it was aws 33!
"if it wasn't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight"
Jack Orr
Team Orr Robotics