The South West Model Show (SWME) 17th - 18th April 2010

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

petec

The South West Model Show (SWME) 17th - 18th April 2010

Post by petec »

Guys

I got this the other day:

Dear Antweight Robots,

My name is Nadine, you probably won?t remember me but I approached you at Brighton Model World earlier this year.

I am the event organizer of the above show and would like to invite your group to participate if you are available.

I would provide you with a stand and we also supply the passes, tables, chairs, electrical point and camping facilities completely free of charge.

You can click on any of the words in the menu on the left (red colomn) which will take you directly to our website where you can view pictures of this years event, testimonials, trade & club lists, indoor and outdoor and attractions etc etc.

If you have any questions, queries or would like to discuss it further please don?t hesitate to contact me on <removed> or Nadine(a)nwe.co.uk.

I hope to here from you.

Kind Regards

Nadine

and this was attached:

Get your products seen by over 8,000 visitors with a vested interest in modelling!

The 2nd South West Model Engineering, Model Making and Hobbies Exhibition proved a tremendous success, with nearly 8000 visitors getting to grips with a diverse display of models being flown and ridden, floated, shown and driven.

The 3rd South West Model Engineering, Model Making and Hobbies Exhibition

will take place at the

Royal Bath & West Show Ground, Shepton Mallet

over the weekend of 17-18 April 2010

Something for everyone, a great family day out!

Shepton Mallet has proven to be the perfect venue for this event. It is a superb exhibition centre with over 10,000sqm of clear span indoor exhibition space, full on-site facilities including easy level access, secure exhibitor parking and free on-site car parking for over 15,000 cars, free on-site camping facilities and an endless amount of outdoor space. The Royal Bath and West Showground is easily reached, very well known and ideally suited for this major event. The Royal Bath and West Showground is also host to many top events including our very successful Footman James Bristol Classic Car show which will be celebrating its 30th year in 2009.

The 2009 South West Model Engineering, Model Making and Hobbies Exhibition included trade and club stands of

? Model Railway layouts & supplies

? Engineering displays, tools & supplies

? Indoor and outdoor flying displays & supplies

? Model Boat displays and supplies

? The on-site model railway and boating lake

? Traction Engine displays and rides

? Military vehicles & Figures

? Model Kits of R/C cars, planes, helicopters, military vehicles, hovercrafts etc

? Diecast Models

? Wargaming, sci-fi and figures.

2010 will be covering all that and more!

Our marketing for this event will follow our highly successful advertising and PR formula as used for this year's show and our Classic Car event this will include; all the leading model magazines, local press, radio and TV (twice daily for 1 week leading up to the show) plus frequent mailings to our huge database of enthusiasts and an extensive e-marketing campaign. And with this year?s show being the success it was and our experience of producing highly successful business and consumer events for over 25 years we are confident that next years show will attract in excess of 10,000 visitors over the 2 days.

So if you are involved in any of the model engineering, modelling and hobby sectors this event is a must on your calendar!

We have a selection of stands available; The cost of trade space depends on what size and position you require. Outdoor pitches are 10m x 8m @ ?200 + VAT. Stands in the Showering Pavilion are ?40 psqm. Stands on the Balcony are ?30 psqm and stands in the covered walkway and Mendip Hall are ?25 psqm. Please refer to attached floorplan for size and positioning preference.

Included in the stand package is 24 hour security, exhibitor passes, free entry in the show guide including a write-up and cleaning over the two days.

For further information please click on the links above which will take you directly to the website where you can view extensive pictures in the photo gallery; testimonials from this year's exhibitors and visitors and all the indoor and outdoor attractions and exhibitor?s already booked for 2010.

Events provide visitors with a central point for sourcing information, advice and inspiration and an opportunity to find new suppliers and concepts (from you, the trader) so if you would like to be a part of this event, have any questions or wish to discuss availability please don't hesitate to contact me on <removed> or e-mail me nadine(a)nwe.co.uk.

I look forward to speaking with you and hopefully working with you to deliver one of the best modeling events in the Country!

If anyone thinks they would be up for it, can you post here please so that I can go back to Nadine with a Yes/No/Maybe...

thanks, PeteC

Edit: removed the second instance of the phone number! - Gary
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com
olivers

Post by olivers »

Hi Pete, i'd definately put myself down as a maybe. Would be great if a few of us could make it.

The downside is it's 3.5hrs from Reading but would get a hotel for the night. A free table/area seems too good to be true with the costs they charge psqm.

Depending on takeup and who else would go R2 is always available if wanted.
petec

Post by petec »

3.5 hours from Reading? Are you walking? Have you heard of the M4 :-) I can get from BH to mid-Devon in 3.5 hours!
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com
olivers

Post by olivers »

The M4 would help, just quickly scanned RAC website for quick directions. Still A roads once you get past Chippenham though.
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Put me down as a maybe, it depends what else is going on during April, but it seems like I'd enjoy it.
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

Its a long way for me, but also along way off. I will have to decide closer to the time. But gettng back into ants now so will try and come.
TEAM GEEK!
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

This would be a week before AWS 33 in EIndhoven (if that's still happening) in which case I'd say no. However, if Eindhoven isn't happening then I'd say yes!

Simon

P.S. Sorry I didn't see this before, darned computers!
Team Orr

Post by Team Orr »

eindhoven? since when? cant go there :(

anyway, put me down as a mabey
"if it wasn't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight"
Jack Orr
Team Orr Robotics
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

Eindhoven is still very much on. We've already booked and the arena is ready.
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

That's great news Leo!

In that case it's a no to SWME, unfortunately

Simon