Reading Robot Club 19 at Robots Live 24-25 Oct 2009

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

I'm coming to this event

Yes I'm coming
88%
No I'm NOT coming
13%

Total votes: 16

alasdair

Post by alasdair »

Team Orr wrote:lol, first dan then jack, im gonna be one of the only ants there on sat :P
Im there both days... :)

What time are the antweight battles schedueld for? Are they the same as the show times, and also are we subject to the same tech check, and the the same tx control requirements, as the higher weight classes, or are we doing something else just for the ants?

Thanks, Alasdair
Antweightsforever

Post by Antweightsforever »

Hi All,

Both Dan and I will be there on Sunday with 3 Ants, happy to run when needed with batteries all charged.
What time are people planning to get there ? the first show is at Noon so I was going to aim for a round 11 ish.

Cheers

Chris
Be scared of the Antisocial Ant.
Dan Townend

Check out the new website

http://teamasbo.weebly.com/
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

YAY!!! HAve just finished the new disobidiant! ( i think it is something like mark 10, literally!) He has a funky new flipper and looks great!
Also mantis an disobidiant also now have these stickers on which are like eyes and mouths and they look really good.
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

I am looking forward to this event now. I am getting a lift down from one of the feather guys from newcastle and will be there both days.

I have epoxied on a new gearbox on anticide, and rebuilt kwijebo with a new chassis with a lipo cover and a new set of legs.

See you tomorrow!
TEAM GEEK!
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

I think that 11am on Sunday sounds fine.

As for tech checking etc, that's up to Robots Live, but I'm guessing that as long as we're running on 2.4GHz they won't check us at all.

If you're running 40MHz, then they'll probably want to know.

Just bear in mind, those of you who didn't come last year that this isn't like the "normal" RRC, there's a lot more going on and we won't be able to run the competitions in the usual way, also there will be a lot less space for us and a lot more nosie and demands on our time, such as the public asking questions!

Simon
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

Has anyone got a recommended time of arrival on saturday? (today)
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

The email said 3pm

Simon
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

thanks. its just that my dad got the email and he thought that that was the time of arrival for the bigguns and that we were at a different time. :roll:
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

So far so good, videos should be available at http://www.youtube.com/user/simonwindisch sometime this evening

Simon

P.S.

Video 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVdU3apPWE8
Team Terror

Post by Team Terror »

God event guys, although it was pretty noisy and dark due to the heavyweights. Well done to Andy for winning everything, again :P
See you all at AWS 30 :D
Jack Evans
Captain
Team Terror