Reading Robot Club 19 at Robots Live 24-25 Oct 2009

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

I'm coming to this event

Yes I'm coming
88%
No I'm NOT coming
13%

Total votes: 16

Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Peter,

See the post dated 08 Oct 2009 21:40 at http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/forum/v ... 9c2#p94634
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Thanks Simon.
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

My pleasure Peter,

Just thinking about this, we need to be extremely flexible with the competition because
1. Many of the antweight roboteers have featherweights or heavyweights, which will take priority
2. Many of those antweights are driven by children of the FW or HW teams, who won't be able to fix their robots (not you Will, I know) or know how to recharge see previous item.
3. We will probably only be fighting in between the battles in the big arena, also Robots Live may ask us to delay a fight so that it can be "televised".
4. There's also the problem of a small horde of non-antweight running roboteer children who want to get involved any way they can, which slows thing down a bit!

So perhaps some kind of whiteboard competition where the robot with the best averages from each session fighting a finale at the end of Sunday?

Simon
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

There are going to be lots of hold ups but I am sure we can work most of it out on the day. I was thinking of possibly limiting 1 entry per team in the speedway which means we can probably find a few spare drives for people without ants. The football is more problematic as you need 4 people to be ready together unless we play 1 a side. The double elimination system does give quite a degree of flexibilty in the running order with the ability to catch up between shows. We could even run non spinner and spinner simultaneously if the need arises over both days to keep the ants going. As you say a white board is another possibilty and if they do wan't to display some battles on screen a melee of 6 or more is always a crowd pleaser.
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Your optimism is infectious Peter!

Another thought is that we ask that only antweights who can guarantee to fight within five minutes go in our serious competition and the AW FW HW teams go in more of a whiteboard competition.

And it'll probably be best to save the spinner comp until Sunday, unless we're asked to do something on the big screen in which case a demo fight?

Simon
teamocean

Post by teamocean »

I have decided to try and focus on running my ants as much as possible at this event since I really enjoyed entering the competition last year. Also since my brother won't be coming we will only have the heavyweight and one featherweight so less time is needed to keep them running which means more time for running the ants.

Also the competition ran fairly smoothly last year (as far as I could tell) and I'm sure that any HW/FW teams with ants will try to be ready for their fights on time.

I'm looking forward to the event now- might have time to build another ant before then :D
Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk
Team Orr

Post by Team Orr »

hey everyone
team orr is unfortunetly not able to- got ya :P no we are still coming :) but only on the saturday. we will have our ants, heavy and (hopefully) feather working for this event, howeverdue to the vast numbers of people on our team we can garuntee our ants will be ready for each fight, so put my name down for the comp. also id LOVE to have the new valliant in the " big screen" fight.

yes a new valliant ;) and it has an axe :)

dan and chris townend currently have mythras, and we will have orion, mythras is still part of team orr but we can only fit 1 in the car so i thought "hey why not" and lent mythras to dan and chis :) so i have no idea if it will be working lol but we will have the new heavy orion, which runs on litton motors and has a pneumatic axe, and a pneumatic flipper ;)

will: arewe still on for the pneumatics?

jack
"if it wasn't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight"
Jack Orr
Team Orr Robotics
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Here are the entries as far as I can work out so if your not on the list or the robots are wrong or you know some of the missing names please post.

Alasdair Hutchinson....Mantis
................................Disobidiant

Tom Huxtable............Kangaroo
................................Tominator
................................Ant Be Back

Joey McConnell..........Jigsaw Puzzle

Jack Orr....................Valliant
................................Dead Meat
................................Rip
................................Flamboyant
................................Doom

Andy Hibberd............ Anticide
................................Kwijebo

Peter Waller.............Combatant
...............................Defiant
...............................Variant
...............................Flippant
...............................Antrax
...............................NotSoFlippant2
...............................Servant

Simon Windisch........Dynamite
Nathan Windisch.......Fast Dalek

Alex Brown..............Dec
Wendy Brown...........Ant

???????....................Pingu

Andrea Christids.......Wanted
...............................Zak
...............................Irritant
...............................Paratrooper

David Weston...........Stewie
...............................Baby Hell
...............................F.I.N

Will Thomas..............Ant Awe 5
...............................Ant Awe 6
Last edited by peterwaller on Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Team Orr

Post by Team Orr »

hey pete
da bomb and doom are ours too lol, however da bomb is a feather
i doubt doom will be working in time tho :(
"if it wasn't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight"
Jack Orr
Team Orr Robotics
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Ant and Dec are seperate robots, they belong to Alex and Wendy brown, of Tiny Toon fame