AWS 29 - 4th July 2009, Oxon

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

olivers

Post by olivers »

I can't make it either too. Have a problem at work I need to fix unfortunately and they aren't willing to let me do it Sun.

Take loads of photos for me :)
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

The Army Cadet force website links to
this map

Since this seems to be based on coordinates from a GPS, hopefully it is accurate!
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Team Terror

Post by Team Terror »

I've got some more bad news guys, my only ant in a battle worthy state is Terrior, so the others won't be competing this time :(
Jack Evans
Captain
Team Terror
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Oliver, James will take photos of all the robots - although this task seems to be getting smaller by the hour :(

RONNY has been on the "Swiss cheese" diet today - bigger holes in the flipper to lose those last couple of grams. Ouchie has now evolved some "wings" to hopefully prevent him from being rolled over first hit by every other robot.

Have borrowed a digital video camera so have 60GB of recording available - should be enough!
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

I am planning to bring my phone/camera which has 8Gb of video cabablty and my laptop which has Gbs of space so between us there should be plenty of video space. I need to be up in 5 1/2 hours so i shall see you all tomorrow.
TEAM GEEK!
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

So no Oilver, Simon, Pete C, only 1 of jacks (which I find hard to beleive), this just going from bad to worse. Would it be better if I cancelled ?

BTW, that point on that map has gone past the venue. I'll post a direction arrow to the venue, it'll be stuck on the postbox most likely
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Don't cancel Dave, it'll be alright on the night.

Even when we were down to five teams at RRC, we still had a great time on the day.

Simon
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

There is no need to cancel Dave we have had far less at an AWS before and still had fun. I can remember when the idea of 25 entries was a distant dream. It will leave a bit more time for other things like TAG, flipper frenzy and your Eliminator type event. I have a few spares like flippant which I was going to enter in the non spinner plus not so flippant that Scott can drive and maybe Dominant. At least with all these previous winners dropping out there is a much better chance of some new blood winning which would be good for the event.
Team Terror

Post by Team Terror »

Great event guys :D
Well done to everyone. Anticide became the first antweight to defend the title and has now won 4 AWS's, making it more successful than Odyssey :o
I'm already looking forward to the next one....
Jack Evans
Captain
Team Terror
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

I thought Anticide had only won 3 ? (20, 28 and 29)

Thanks for all your help today guys, especially to Gary and James for their organising the media, and to them and Pete for sorting out the fights.