Robots live 28/29 march

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

muchalucha

Robots live 28/29 march

Post by muchalucha »

all but a few of the past aws events have been too far away and just as i was giving up i saw this http://www.robotslive.co.uk/bhill09.htm .

I am almost certain im going to be competing if i can repair thants after a nasty run in with pingu (that sounds weird) its only a new servo so yep ill be going .

From what i can see its a MUCH bigger event than the aws ones and im a little daunted , so basicly im asking if anybodys been before and can tell me the genral routine and if anybodys going to this one to " show me the ropes" a bit.

athants is my first robot that would stand a good chance with the big boys .

Also is it a paid event or a free one , thers a sign up thingy here but no clues . http://www.robotslive.co.uk/signup1.htm

any help would be appreciated im only 13 :D. (ill be 14 then :wink: )
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

This is a heavy/feather weight event although they may allow some ants when they are not running if there is enough interest. The other problem is that the first Richmond Club antweight event is on that weekend and most of the ants available are signed up for that. You might do better going to the Brighton model show Feb 13,14,15 where we have an antweight stand and I would think they would let you drive yours in the arena there just ask in the appropriate event thread. If you do take it there make sure you don't switch on your transmitter until you are given the ok by the people on the stand as there are many other exhibitors running radio control equipment.
muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

ok will do ,the other events too far for me :( , be nice to coem along , maybe ill bring my middle weight its not great but its well armourede enough
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

If you are talking about the Brighton model show I doubt they will let you in with a middle weight as I said you need to go on the Brighton model show thread in the events section and check with PeteC or Gary if it is ok to bring your ant.
muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

no i was talkign about the robots live , by the way , i ahd 2 projects a feather and an ant , the ants ow on hold and im gona compete wiht a feather weight

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide
Marco Roberts

Post by Marco Roberts »

Hey Mucha
I crew with robots live. As far as I am aware you are more then welcome to come along. However I would contact the youngs and speak to them about your robots and they can advice you on whats what.
I think you say you have a middleweight. This is a tricky weight class as far as I know the youngs arnt keen with heavys and middle weights in the same fight. If you have a feather then thats fine and you can compete no problem.
As pete said ants depends on how many ant weight drivers are there. Some times theres a few sometimes there arnt any.
But as I said, contact the youngs and speak to them. There contact details should be on the website.
Regards and maybe see you then.
<-=AWS 10 1st and 2nd champ=->
<-=AWS 13 1st and 2nd champ=->
teamocean

Post by teamocean »

There should be a decent number of ants there, several teams will be bringing their ants and I will be taking Ant Awe and Frostbite.

I can also take an arena as well (no spinners though)
Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk
muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

nope definately a feather :) . tahts hould be ok then , whast the competition like ? is it a really big event ?

Will you be at the burgess hill event marco ?
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide
muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

just to bump this up with a new question , it dosent have anytimes for competitiors to arrive , should a coupla hours before the audience arrive be ok ?
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

If you don't get a reply here then try enquiries@robotslive.co.uk

Simon