Reading Robot Club 17: 17th January 2009

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Well, it's worth a go, and yes (I think so anyway) I'll bring it along to Brighton.

Simon
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

No good to me Simon, I'll be in Bradford whilst you guys are in Brighton :P

Also, I was running the receiver on a stepped down 6v from one of Simon's voltage regulators, with power coming off in paralell to the 2 drive servos before the voltage gets to the chip.

Dunno if thats any help
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Hey guys

I've rigged it so the 3 servos are now on 7.4v, and I plugged into my receiver, and everything worked fine. I plgged it into Jacks RX however, with my crystal, and it went bananas. The TX that jack uses is also a Hitec, I figured it would work fine with my Hitec Ranger 3.

Any clue ?
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Sounds like the receiver might be fried...

If the rx works with one Hitec tx it should work with any. We regularly swap our robots between our Ranger and Laser without any problems.

Could the rx have been connected directly to the battery at some point? A fully charged "7.4V" li-po is actually about 8.4V - far too much for any receiver.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

That could well be the issue, thankfully jack has a spare. I dunno how it got cooked, the RX was running through the Voltage regulator even with the axe removed, so the RX should have gotten 6v. I'll try it with another hitec compatibale RX just to be safe

Thanks for the help