AWS28

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Craig_Anto3

AWS28

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

Hi Guys

I'm interested in hosting AWS28, In Burntwood Staffs, in the Burntwood institute which is a large local hall

it will be an Antweight only event (asin i wont run heavyweights or feathers), I would like to run it as Rebel Robots, so if thats a problem let me know.
There in I would bring in an audience and run some how to workshops, this would allow anyone who has anything to sell to sell to a captive audience

Would anyone be against me hosting it?

Craig
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

I'm in. Brighton Model World is 14th Feb 2009, how about a couple of weeks after or before that?

Simon
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

Sounds like a plan to me. I mentioned at AWS26 that I'd like to see if I could run 28 at the Coventry Transport Museum, but the lowest I could haggle them down to for the room hire was ?250 + VAT, which was still way too much. Would've been an awesome venue too. Never mind!
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

yea time wise i'm flexible

How big was the room u were looking at Scott?
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

190 square meters, with another 90 square meters room thrown in. Doesn't matter how big it is, all it matters is that it's too expensive :P
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

We have been trying to raise our profile so this sounds like a good idea to me Craig. You would probably need a projector if you have an audience but you then already know that with the experience you have in Antweights.
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

I was planning to use 2 x 48 in LCD screens Peter,
Scott it does matter its still a possiblity, send me an email
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

I was thinking the 7th March 2009, Burntwood Institue Centre, Burntwood , Staffordshire.
I've got an arena before anyone offers, and its 30in by 30in before anyone asks, I plan to run the AWS in the afternoon along with some demonstrations technical talks and workshops for the public.

Day for us should start around 10am with the pre AWS spinner friendly tournement, with the public coming in around 12pm.
Public will be kept seperate from the Pits, so fear of public interferance.

Public will be paying to come in I wont hide that fact from you, I am going to be trying to make some money out of this event.
Anybody who has anything to sell, ie from Pants kits to CNC parts to infamous sausage sandwiches are welcome to do so by application (sounds posh but just means i'll get u a table so therefore i need to know how many tables for trading i would need) I wont be charging anyone to come and sell or taking any commission so any money u make is all yours.

Sumo bots and alike can also be catered for if there are applications for them, its a big hall so plenty of room for those to run aswell.
Also I am planning a challenge robot competition, where you will need something new (without a weapon) to attempt a series of challenges along an assult course ie, Gauntlet series 1-2 but thats got to be desided.

The nearest airport is East Midlands airport about 45 mins away.
Hotels in the local area are sparse but there are some around.

How does that sound?
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Sounds good to me and if it does go ahead I can advertise it on the minisumo site to see if we can get a few more sumo entries. That's including my three.
Team Orr

Post by Team Orr »

i should be able to come to this one
how many members of the public do u think will come
"if it wasn't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight"
Jack Orr
Team Orr Robotics