AWS 32 - Saturday 3rd July 2010 Walsall

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Team Terror

Post by Team Terror »

Peter: Where's the TIC?
Jack Evans
Captain
Team Terror
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

peterwaller wrote:I have the micromouse contest in Birmingham on the week before but I could still make the 3rd or 4th July I prefer Saturdays. It might even be possible to run it at the Micromouse event on the 26th June. I have done several antweight demo's at these events at the TIC and it a great venue. Lots of interesting other robots.
micromouse, wall followers, minisumo, humanoid, line followers etc.
Im going to micromouse with my school. So i dont know whether i can do ants or not.
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

peterwaller wrote:I have the micromouse contest in Birmingham on the week before but I could still make the 3rd or 4th July I prefer Saturdays. It might even be possible to run it at the Micromouse event on the 26th June. I have done several antweight demo's at these events at the TIC and it a great venue. Lots of interesting other robots.
micromouse, wall followers, minisumo, humanoid, line followers etc.
That sounds interesting Peter, although Dave and Jack have first dibs on the summer AWS.
Can you find out if you can book us in for an AWS in 2011?
Simon
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Jack
Its at the Birmingham City University Millenium Point B4 7XG. http://www.tic.ac.uk/micromouse/UKMM2010/ukmm2010.asp
It not viable for an antweight only event as it costs in excess of ?1000 for the day but it might be possible to run it at an existing robot event, they have two a year.
Simon
I wasn't offering to run it but I could check if they would let us run it along side one of their existing events. Their other event is usually around the end of November.
Alastair
That is the problem and why I haven't suggested it before I too will have entries in the wallfollower and minisumo events and it might be difficult to fit them all in.
Even if we don't do it as a world series we could get some teams together and put on a decent display rather than just me at lunchtime.
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Sounds good Peter,

Let us know when the next one is and if we can come along we will.

Simon
thebeardedone

Post by thebeardedone »

This is a very likely but non-committed ... Yes, I will be able to attend :lol:

Two factors will affect my decision
1) Whether my robot is ready.
2) Time off work.

Regards,
Sam
Team Terror

Post by Team Terror »

It seems the 3rd of July will be a good bet, although it's a shame Andy and Gary can't make it, I'll have to speak to Dave W to see if he is available on any other days. To be honest, I prefer saturdays as well :)
BTW: I will try and come along to help put on a display at the micromouse event, it would be daft of me not to go, really, with it being just down the road :P
Jack Evans
Captain
Team Terror
olivers

Post by olivers »

I can do Sat 3rd July.
Team Terror

Post by Team Terror »

Hi guys, I think it's time for an update. I am going to co-host AWS 32 with Dave Weston. We are planning to hold it in my school's hall, I'm just waiting for final confirmation from the school, but they said that we should probably be able to use it. The date is going to be Saturday 3rd July.
I think that's everything for now, I'll post more news when I get it.
Jack Evans
Captain
Team Terror
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

As soon as it's confirmed Jack, please add it to the calendar - see sticky at the top of the Events section for info.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt