would these be ok?

Something to tickle your fancy.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

haz

Post by haz »

the 10a sabertooth is enough to get your robot moving, (both wheels) and if you want a wepon you will need a single chanal speed controler.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

the new 12 amp dual sabertooth might work. or you could get the dual 25 amp. for weapon control it depends what weapon you want to do, if you go brushless spinner you'll need a completely different speed controller than lets say a pneumatic flipper :)
mattsdragons

Post by mattsdragons »

i was hoping to do a robot with 2 wheels and possibly a spinner
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

for the weapon motor you could use a hella big brushless or couple of speed 900's or something. (very fast brushed motor) most people use victor 883 speed controllers for speed 900s. for brushless you'd need a HUGE esc going into the hundreds. you could also possibly use 2 quite large brushless motors but this would require 2 esc's .
muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

IS this your fiurst bot? If so id jsut go for a ram bot, spinners take a lot of engineering balancing and maths to get safe. And can get VERY expensive. Didnt spot the new 12A sabertooth till after i posted that, so as th old one i psoted the link to has bene disocntinued id go for th 12 A one, and that will happily drive 2 drill motors on up to about 14.4V for a bit more speed.
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide
mattsdragons

Post by mattsdragons »

that sort of thing?
http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/aca ... _6373.html

and would a 10a esc be ok and how many would i need?
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

by the way spinners can only enter 2 events a year as the only spinner proof featherweight arena is robo challenge. they are also potentially lethal machines. if you still want to build a spinner then good luck!
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

you could use a single speed 900 but for more power it'd probably best to use 2 like drumroll. you'd need alot more than a 10a speed controller for speed 900's. a victor 883 is 60a so you'd need something around that mark for each motor.
mattsdragons

Post by mattsdragons »

my bad wording, would a 10a esc be ok for the drive of the wheels?
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

probably bbut seeing as they're stopping the sabertooth 2x10amp controllers and are making 2x12amp for the same price it would be easier to use the 12amp. you will only need one of those to power both of the drill motors :)