Any ideas for a site?

Places to spend cash or learn things!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far, we have some very useful information on there now, and the robot profiles category is coming along very nicely!

Still plenty to write though, so if anybody has a spare moment drop by the site and help build up the Wiki. :)
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

Just a small update...

We will most likely move to the new server over the Christmas holidays, when we have more time on our hands. This will mean that you should hopefully be able to upload pictures by the new year.

Leo - still working on the port problem. Sorry I haven't got going on this a bit sooner but with coursework building up I just haven't had the time! :( Again, something will be hopefully done by the new year, after our new server is up and running.

The Wiki should also load significantly faster than it does at the moment as the new server is easily over 3 times as fast as the old one.
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

Nice, then I can put up pictures of all my robots :)
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

I have updated my home page on bobblebot.co.uk with links to the Wiki. I encourage everybody to do the same (not the homepage obviously, but on your links pages ;) ).

The more people who know about it the better, and the more likely it is to get used/added to.

http://www.antweights.co.uk

New server will hopefully be arriving over the next 2-3 weeks or so.
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

Good news, over the weekend all your problems will be solved! :D

New server will be online at the weekend, it will be on port 80, so Leo you will be able to reach it, and I will then enable image uploads on the Wiki!
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

That's great news. I look forward to it.
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

EDIT: the move is complete, we will be putting the final finishing touches to it this weekend (including the port change)
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

OK, the Antweight Wiki is back up after the move, however we switched the operating system the server runs on, so there is something slightly odd about the way that it allocates memory to Wiki tasks.

If you get an error when trying to access the Wiki, please post it here so I can work out how much memory it needs.

Something is a bit wrong here, and thanks to a complete lack of commenting the source code in the Media Wiki software, I will have to go and find more about it in the documentation somewhere.

Also, some of the file includes it needs cannot be found so may or may not be able to do what you want on it.

The server port will be changing over this weekend, can't promise an exact time.
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

I'm trying to edit some sites, but I only get error when trying to acces the site
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

Yeah, the whole Wiki is completely screwed up. I will reinstall it (how ever I will use the same database so no data will be lost) later today. I suppose one thing going massively wrong makes up for everything else working without a hitch!! :(

Just to make sure, I assume you can access http://www.bobblebot.co.uk without any problems just not the Wiki stuff?