Any ideas for a site?

Places to spend cash or learn things!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

Yuck, I have been so busy over the past couple of weeks with everything I have not even thought about the Wiki. My plans for attending RRC also went down the drain due to lack of time to complete the new Ant. Luckily I now have a four day weekend in which to get things sorted out!!

Sorry it has taken so long. Blame revision :evil:
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

You can still come and watch, Mike...

Simon
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

Not when I have 6 paragraphs of Spanish to learn for next week I can't :P On the plus side, I have finally ordered a TX + RX so I will be at future events. I was considering coming to watch, seeming as it was fairly close to us, but I decided it was better to get on with the huge pile of work that is amounting from school :(
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Mike
As I'm sure you've seen elsewhere, we will be at Modelworld in Brighton next month (loads more than just robots). If you get the chance, do come along and introduce yourself.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

Yes I will see about going, as it will be nice to finally meet some of the people I have known as names on here for so long :) Modelworld does sound very interesting, so providing I can get transport I will go. As long as school etc allows that is. I do not believe I have much in the way of exams, and most of the coursework that is bogging me down at the moment is due in before then, so my work load should be much lighter, thank goodness...
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

Good News! :D

The Wiki is now back online! The fix I used was very dubious however, but everything seems to be working. Oh, and you can also now upload stuff too!

Port will be changed over the next week, as I finally have 100% access to the server back.

http://www.antweights.co.uk
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

Well, all itsn't working quite as smoothly as I would have liked. If anyone tries to edit a page and gets a MySQL error (or any other error) just refresh the page and it will go away - probably.

The problem usually occurs when editing a page that is already there. Starting a new page sometimes gets the error but not always. I will try and look into what is causing it.
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

I've uploaded pictures of my ants, but I get the pictures directly on the page, which is quite annoying, because they are so big. How do I a make thumbnail on the page and link to another page, just like the original Wikipedia.
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

Try this:

Code: Select all

[[Image:image.jpg|Descrition of Image]]
There is a large range of things you can do with images, see this page: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Images for more of them :)
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

D'oh! I am such an idiot. The site has actually been on port 80 for a while now, but I forgot to mention it!

You should now be able to access the site Leo, and any others that have 8008 blocked.

http://www.antweights.co.uk