Any ideas for a site?

Places to spend cash or learn things!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Mike,

I haven't really used this before, but when I click on a link on your wiki pages I get "You have to log in to edit pages. " but I don't want to edit anything!

Simon
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

Simon, to be honest, I have no idea what is going on! :roll:

The whole thing needs a kick up the backside. The server move has really screwed the Wiki up, and I am going to delete everything including the databases and then re-install it. The switched from Windows to Linux probably didn't help either.

No content should be lost however, as I am hoping to retain the tables that store the Wiki content, and get rid of the ones that control the settings.
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

Yes I know, it really didn't like moving server. I have given up on MediaWiki and of got some simpler software that I have partly written/writing myself so I know exactly how it works :)

Its also text based rather than MySQL, so it will be server independent and easily portable.

I am planning to get it sorted out after Christmas, although if anybody feels like writing any pages now send them to me via email and I will make sure they are included.

[Edit: OMG am I imagining posts?! Leo, please tell me you posted a message before I posted this and you deleted it or something :-? ]
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

My new site went up today, I want to finish converting the content from the old site by the end of the week. After that, I'll have a go at getting this Wiki going again.

Edit Forgot to mention, I can't remember who created that AWS logo on my new homepage. I think it was Simon or Oliver? I know I got it off here somewhere but I can't remember or find which thread. I hope nobody does have a problem with me using it, but if you do drop me and email an I'll swap it for something else!
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

Rather than continue to hijack Simon's thread, I thought I would post this here. I just realised I posted that the Wiki would be back online in 2 weeks in the other thread. Well I meant 2 days, but even that turned out to be wrong, as it is up right now (yes I actually met a deadline :P).

The Antweight Wiki is back online: www.antweights.co.uk

For a guide on how to format pages, look here: http://www2.bobblebot.co.uk/antwiki/dok ... iki:syntax

Anybody is welcome to write to it, although I ask you to refrain from editing the front page.

At the moment no user registration is needed, although if spam or general misuse/abuse of the system comes about I will have to look at implementing user registration.

Any problems let me know.
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

Just a quick update - I have made a few changed to the Wiki over the past day that should improve performance. Most noticeably the automatic saving of drafts has for now been removed. Please bare in mind that when editing articles if your browser crashes, your work will not be saved so be careful :)

I also copied some pages over from the old Wiki to the new one and written many new pages from scratch. Anybody is welcome to edit anything at any time (except the front page).

A quick note about editing...

Red Links are pages that have not been written yet. Click on the link and it will take you to a message that says the page has not been written yet. If you wish to write the page, simply click "create page" in the top left of the site to begin editing.

Green Links are pages that have been written. You are welcome to add to these pages. When on a page you wish to edit, simply click "edit this page" in the top left of the site.

For a guide on how to write good pages look here: http://www2.bobblebot.co.uk/antwiki/dok ... iki:syntax

When editing/creating a page please use the following structure:

<heading> - for the main title.
<introduction> - summary of what the main subject of the page is about.
<heading> - for sub sections in the page.

Please use headings sensibly and do not use too many of them. This will help keep pages easy to read and give them all a familiar layout and look.
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

Well ive done some new pages. Just the basics so there is room for enhancement/improvement.
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

Thanks Leo, glad you did the lithium batteries page. I deliberately left that one as I don't know much about them! :)
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

Hello all, I don't know if anyone still uses/cares about the Wiki these days, but I have updated it to the latest version of DokuWiki anyway.

I tried editing and adding a few pages, it seems to work OK but if anyone finds a problem please let me know!

Edit: Scratch that, updated the server to latest version of PHP yesterday which of course went wrong so we are now back to a wildly out of date version of the Wiki for the time being.

Edit 2: OK, I think its all fixed again now! :)