Opinions Please

Places to spend cash or learn things!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

bobblebot

Opinions Please

Post by bobblebot »

I'm posting this here because I know I can get sensible and worthwhile responses from the people of this forum (well most of them anyway :P ) that I may not get from the FRA one.

I have decided to re-do my entire web site and re-write much of it (the AW section included) in more detail so it will hopefully be of great use to beginners and more experianced builders a like.

I have come up with a new look for my web site and would like opinions on what you think of the design.

A couple of points I should note before anybody points them out though are:

- the banner at the top is only a tempory one as I have been to busy to spend hours making a cool graphic, this one was made up super fast just to see what it might look like with the banner included.

- none of the links/login parts work yet! This is because I haven't made any other pages yet as this is only a test version to see what people think of the design in general.

The text that is on the page though is staying so I would be greatful if you would point out any spelling mistakes.

I know there are few people here who are also into HTML and the like so I would also be grateful for their opinion.

The address to this test page is http://www.bobblebot.co.uk/phpsite/index.php

Thank you very much :)
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

It looks fantastic to me. Well done.

If you want some advise, then I would suggest that you drastically cut down the links on the front page until you are ready to fill them with content.

In my opinion seeing broken links or "this page is under construcion" stops people from making retuen visits. IMHO.

Simon
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

Thanks Simon :)

All the under construction pages on my current site drive me up the wall as I just haven't got the time to update it often enough and parts of it are getting on for three years old anyway.

They are mainly the reason for this re-design. I'm dropping the sections that are not finished (although if I decide to finish them at a later date then the will return) and just going with the things I have completely finished.
josh

Post by josh »

that looks great i fink u shuld stick with that banner tho its really quite good
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

Thanks Josh.

I have uploaded a few extra pages. The links "My Antweights" "Antweight World Series" "Current Antweight Rules" and "Antweights Home" should now work.

I would be interested to hear what you think of the quality of the writing as I have spent most of today re-writing those pages to give more detail (which is something I felt my current site lacked).

More pages will be uploaded over the course of the next week or so.
josh

Post by josh »

thats really great read thro it avent found any mistakes but then im a poor speller myself so dont expect much about spellin from me
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

I am in the process of making a better banner now, so hopefully I should be able to upload it sometime this week depending how well it goes.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Dunno if this helps you, but it wont load up on my comp. The last site wouldnt either. I mean, my comp aint up to much, but...
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

Still works fine here. Try now :)
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Nope. It registers it exists, but dont load. I'll leave it loading for an hour or so, see if it works then. lol
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39