3D printer supplies

Places to spend cash or learn things!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

EpicentrE

Re: 3D printer supplies

Post by EpicentrE »

Wow, thanks Rhys; I wasn't intending to grab mine for another month or so, but that's not a deal to be missed.
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

I was about to say I can't see that offer lasting long, but it looks like they've already put them back to full price! Fingers crossed they honour my order at the lower price.
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

Mine too! However I ordered yesterday evening, so I would've expected it to be dispatched by now (don't they do next day delivery on everything?) Maybe they had far more orders than they were expecting.
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Yeah, mine was ordered Wednesday night too, so it should be here tomorrow, hopefully. But apparently I'm not allowed to open it until my Birthday! :roll: Boo!

I think the price might have gone down because the manufacturer is in Spain and the Euro had a pretty sharp decline at the start of March. But now it's making its way back to where it was. I was looking at buying it direct from the manufacturer and it went from over £400 including P&P down to £370 at one point. Now it's back up to over £390, so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the offer at 3D print world.
Shakey

Post by Shakey »

The instructions for mine came in spanish. But on the reprap wiki there are some english ones.

When you first get it your first port should be to print yourself some new belt bearing wheels. If you can just use 2 bearing next to each other without the plastic thing instead. It causes a lot ow wear on the belt and I've had to replace mine already, when I get a chance I'll buy more bearings and run just on those. 3M blue tape is your friend aswell!
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

I bought one of their fixpads to see how they go, but i've not heard good things about them. I'll make sure I stock up on blue tape too!
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

Just spoke to them on the phone; they have a new system and are having a couple of teething problems, which means they'd missed that I'd asked for it to be delivered to my work address rather than my home address. I spoke to UKMail (the delivery company) and they told me that only the sender can change the delivery address. I rang back and spoke to 3dprintworld again, and they were very helpful and said they would ring and get the address changed, and apologised for any inconvenience caused.

The lady I spoke to - Sarah - was very helpful and friendly, which makes a nice change. She also mentioned That Peter Waller had been in the shop that morning and they'd been talking about Rhys and me :P.
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Has your order status been marked as dispatched, or did you get an email telling you it had been posted? My order status is just saying "payment accepted". Just wondered if that's the norm or if I should call too.
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

No, mine is just showing as "payment accepted" as well, which was why I rang them in the first place. Can't hurt to ring them though if you want to be sure; they're very friendly, like I said.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I decided last night that I would get one while they were on offer but then saw your post saying they had gone back up.
I went in this morning and as luck would have it they still had two left at the reduced price so I grabbed one quickly.
They certainly are helpful and freindly in the shop they are looking into organising robot building and competitions locally and I have said I would help out where I could. One of the lads in the shop showed me an Antweight he is working on so far it is a 4 wheel drive chassis with the usual gearmotors but he has still got to source the electronics. He is also working on a slotcar chassis which is another thing they are looking at getting going.
They are really trying to think of ways to get local businesses and schools involved in this type of thing and are quite happy to chat about it all.
They are also looking at maybe leasing the printers at some point and already offer a print service.