multiple model memory controllers

Places to spend cash or learn things!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Anoptimistprime

multiple model memory controllers

Post by Anoptimistprime »

Hi I saw quite a few of controllers mainly dx6i's is there any real alternative as I can't afford/justify the £100 for one

I'd like one with a screen etc so I could set up the mixing each time on the controller eg have full mixing on one and none on another etc
I'm an optimist prime
Not a negatron
Rhys

Re: multiple model memory controllers

Post by Rhys »

This is about the cheapest one I've seen that ticks all your boxes. Works out to about £30? and that's with a receiver as well.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... de_2_.html

I've always found HobbyKing stuff to be pretty good, so I'm sure you'll be in safe hands with this Tx. However, I'd probably still recommend saving for a bit to get a Dx6i. The transmitter is the only thing that will be used all of the time on all of your robots. Plus if you get a Dx6i you can use all the fancy new tiny DSM2 receivers that have become available lately.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I would recommend that you go for a DSM2 compatible transmitter as this seems to be the only standard that has compatibility from more than one manufacturer.
As well as all the later Spektrum radio's like the DX5e, DX6i and DX7 you also have the cheaper MLP4DSM transmitter at £15 see link below.
Most of the cheap receivers from HobbyKing seem to meet this standard as do these new minute ones from Micron.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spektrum-Cont ... 564488618c
Anoptimistprime

Post by Anoptimistprime »

At the mo I have a copper x 6ch transmitter and one of the controllers Pete mentioned
I may just start properly saving up and make a worthwhile investment in a dx6I
Also is it possible to fit the circuit from the one Pete showed into say an old xbox controller?
If so is it just a case of pull the guts out of the xbox one and fit the dsm2 stuff in?
I'm an optimist prime
Not a negatron
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

I would say that's probably a pretty tricky job to fit that into an xbox pad. Not impossible, just look at what jim did to his dx6i, anything is possible.