pololu HP motors

Places to spend cash or learn things!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

olivers

pololu HP motors

Post by olivers »

Hi, does anyone have a decent place to buy the 30:1 and 50:1 HP motors. Robotbits.co.uk keeps giving me a SQL error and technobots seem expensive.

Thanks
josh

Post by josh »

these may not be the high power motors but they are the same style and half the price:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6V-300RPM-Torque- ... 3366bf48bd
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Great find Josh I had been looking for a chinese supplier for some time as they are all made out there but never found one and eventually gave up.
These are less than half price even if you get caught for import duty. Unfortunately they don't quote torque so I will see if they compare exactly with any of the ranges in my chart on speed and voltage.
http://www.antweightwars.co.uk/MotorSpecs2.pdf
josh

Post by josh »

I think they say anything below a marked value of 7 gbp doesn't get taxed at all so a pair of motors should be okay. there were a couple other suppliers selling motors at 5 pound each but that seller had the highest range of gear ratios. I had a sponsor in china once who produced the exact motors precision micro drives sell and I was going to buy I think it was 20 motors for 10 pounds or something silly but I'm not sure what happened. the problem is they only tend to deal with companies so you have to pay them on professional overseas banking methods that aren't worth the hassle.
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I just looked it up on line and the limit before taxes are liable is ?18.
I have just ordered 4 at ?14.36 which comes to ?20.33 with postage so just over ?5 each.
haz

Post by haz »

i will be buying some of them then!
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

snap :)
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Motor gearboxes arrived just 3 weeks which is not bad from china.
Just tried them out and they seem OK running on 7.5v I cant hold the shaft stationary with my fingers.
They draw 100ma off load and about 500ma as near to stall as I can get them with my finger and thumb.
No problem with Duty either so that helps.
Jonny

Re: pololu HP motors

Post by Jonny »

me and harry ordered 10 of these and as i wanted to get them into a bot before rr maidstone we went for the posh shipping option. Rather annoyed at the moment as have received a 30 amp speed controller addressed to "ingolf rudat" in germany in a dhl 'security checked' package. i expect it was dhls fault not the sellers but still very annoying :evil:
haz

Re: pololu HP motors

Post by haz »

yeah what a anoyance that is, hopefully we can sort it out soonish :-?