:Wanted:

Places to spend cash or learn things!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

ajw

Re: :Wanted:

Post by ajw »

Hi Dave, I don't have one for sale myself but the model number you're after is MLP4DSM. They're sold under Blade, hobbyzone, Eflite and parkzone brands but I believe they're all the same and are DSM2 compatible. They crop up on ebay all the time so keep your eyes peeled. There's some parkzone ones on there atm for ~£22 but you can get them cheaper if you're willing to wait.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Thanks Andrew, that's brilliant. Though if anyone has one they want rid of, I'll still take it, makes it easier dealing with you lot. lol
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
teamocean

Post by teamocean »

I'm after some thin ti around 0.5mm, needs to be easily bendable, ideally looking for around an A4 size sheet but anything considered- won't say what it is for or no one will help :)
Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

Bonjour.
I am in need of some material for a bar weapon.I am thinking 2mm ti?? But if anyone has any better suggestions,please feel free to suggest it! I have made a bar out of 3mm stainless,and it is too heavy,the robot wont drive or steer very well,because there is too much weight in the weapon.I am looking for a bar of 15mm x 100mm.I have 1mm stainless,which bends too easily,and I have 2mm stainless,which might do,but is still pretty heavy.Any weight I can save on the bar at the front,I can add as weight to the back to give traction to the wheels.Anybody who has something lying around that could fit the bill,could just find themselves with a new best friend!!!!! XD
Cheers,Jim.
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Might be able to find you some 4mm or 6mm aluminium Jim. Works well with Ti or steel teeth on the end. PM me if interested.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

Ah,yes.Good point Gary.Thanks.I think 3mm thickness is as thick as I can go with the way I have laid things out.Aand I dont think 3mm alli will cut it!Good idea though.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Hello Gents (and occasional ladies),

Does anyone have any modded servos or an old motor Speedo/modded servo boards lying around that I could use for the AWS? I have all other bits and fancy resurrecting an old favourite.

Cheers!
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

I'm looking for a Firestorm pull-back toy (the ones that are about the size of small antweights) for *shifty eyes* nefarious purposes. If anyone has one lying around they wouldn't mind selling I'd be happy to buy it off you.

Thanks in advance!
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

I was also looking for one a few years back, they were changing hands for silly money. I'm not sure if you knew this already, but there is currently one for sale on ebay. Bit pricey though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fire-Storm-BB ... 1c4df65f31
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

Yes thanks, I saw that one. Over double what they usually go for (if you look at completed listings) so I skipped it, but have snagged one today in a bundle with loads of other ones for cheaper than that one would have cost on it's own!
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk