WANTED: Elastic Bands

Places to spend cash or learn things!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

thebeardedone

WANTED: Elastic Bands

Post by thebeardedone »

Hi,
It is suprisingly hard to find decent rubber bands for tyres. The closest I have found as suitable candidates for my tyres are on this website here. However, I can' justify the cost of postage for these (comes to close to ?8 for 4 :roll: ) so I am making a plea to the members of this forum for some help in finding suitable alternatives. They need to have the width of the ones I linked to as I have tried using other bands and they just don't do it for me. I need thick, wide ones ... :wink:

Any help?

Regards,
Sam

EDIT: I should mention, I contacted the site and they said that they are 12-14mm wide in their unstretched state.
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Try Dycem anti slip mat or silicone sealant?
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Team Orr

Post by Team Orr »

lint roller works well
"if it wasn't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight"
Jack Orr
Team Orr Robotics
thebeardedone

Post by thebeardedone »

Joey wrote:Try Dycem anti slip mat or silicone sealant?
Dycem always seems expensive. I will have a look around for some in shops near me ...

Silicon was an idea but I reckon it would be too messy and wouldn't make a nice wheel shape :-?

@TeamOrr: Are you talking about the washable gel type lint rollers? The sticky ones can't be used in minisumo.

Regards,
Sam
slurp

Post by slurp »

I've got a bag full from staples.... would you like me to post some?
@TeamOrr: Are you talking about the washable gel type lint rollers? The sticky ones can't be used in minisumo.
Provided you're not sticking to a sheet of A4 paper I think you'll pass. Not really stuck to the surface!

regards,
Colin
thebeardedone

Post by thebeardedone »

@slurp:
If you could that would be cool 8)

Those sticky lint rollers can be pretty sticky :lol: I am yet to see the gel washable type ones in shops ... I am always on the look out for some though.

Regards,
Sam