AntWeight Parts Online & Offline

Places to spend cash or learn things!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Unfortunately although still available the 12mm motors have gone up from ?4.99 to ?8.49.
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

I've just found a vew interesting website; www.gizmoszone.com

Their range of gears are some of the smallest I've seen (especially the miter and worms/worm gears), and they have a very interesting range of micro gearmotors as well, although most of them are too small to be used for drive without 4 wheel drive (or unless you're willing to sacrifice a lot of power) in an ant.

Just ordered some of the miter gears (maybe any engineers among you can tell me the difference between bevel and miter gears? :P) for an upgrade for Zenith; I'll let you know how fast their shipping is once they've arrived.
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

I'd be interested to see that end shaft in more detail. I can't work out how to fix something on it.

Simon
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

Given the size of the motors and the smallness of the shafts (1.5mm diameter), and that the shafts are plastic, I'm thinking push fitting would probably be the best option. There's probably also just about enough room for a grubscrew if you needed it to be more secure.
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Nice find Scott, I'll be needing some gears soon

BTW, Mitre gears are 1:1 ratio gears at a right Angle. Bevel gears can be any ratio and not at 90 degrees
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Looking through their site, it looks like the output shaft is a D shape, but I can't see them selling anyhing compatible to fit over it.

If I was buying, I'd go for a couple of GH6123S 6mm (Dia.) Micro Planetary Gear Motor Gear ratio: 1:136.02 Speed: 200 RPM (approx.) at 3V, which would equate to about 500RPM at 8.4v, my ideal speed for those 30.4mm diameter Lego wheels that I use. I'd also get a couple of GH612M
Universal Motor Mount for GH612 Series, a total of $40 plus postage, not bad, and weighing about 5g, rather than 20g for Sanyos.
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Just found a supplier of antweight-size polycarbonate at sensible prices:

Fantastic Plastic

They sell A3-sized pieces in 1.0, 1.5, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 10 and 12mm thickness.

Postage charges are reasonable too!
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

We got some HDPE from

http://www.directplasticsonline.co.uk/

They sell 0.5m x 0.5m sheets in thicknesses from 1mm to 50mm :o

Postage is ?5.95 unless you spend ?45 (plus VAT) which is quite a lot of antweight-sized plastic!

They also sell polypropylene sheet and various machinable plastics in sheet/block and rod for all you lathe and mill enthusiasts! Acetal, nylon, Tufnol etc.

If you want very small pieces of certain sizes, they are available as samples for ?2.95 (inc p&p).

The delivery time was very good - placed order Thursday evening, shipped Friday, arrived Saturday morning!
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

I just paid the post office ?14.18 for tax on a Sabretooth 5RC speed controller, plus $62.49 for the item and shipping. I ordered it on Feb 15th.

Still, it looks great.

Simon
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

you should of gone to Technobots