ScotBots

Plug your website here

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

anttazz

ScotBots

Post by anttazz »

Not sure how many of you will have seen this from the FRA forum, but definitely another page worth joining. Jamie and I have started up ScotBots and have just had our first event this past saturday. Soon we'll be announcing the kit robots that we'll be selling and also more events, robot builds, arena builds and lots more. Here is the extract from the FRA site. Its slightly out of date, but join the Facebook page if you have it for the most up to date information on all of the happenings at ScotBots HQ :)

"At the moment, we just have the Facebook page (www.facebook.com/ScotBots) and will be doing a demo on 8th September with an Olympic theme doing combat and races. The kit bots we'll be using will be on sale at some point, but at the moment we'll just be using them at the events to make sure they're up to it. More details on them later as there's a lot to tell, we'll probably leak bits and pieces on Facebook closer to the time and then have photos of them taken at the event. I can promise you that they're worth the wait

We won't be in competition with any of the current EO's for large scale events, nor the locales that we operate in, more getting involved in smaller events and parties, education and promotion of the sport. Over the next week or so we should have something in place on the education front that I have been in discussions with since before ScotBots existed.

We are always looking for volunteers to help with our work, excluding Jamie and I, we already have 4 interested parties who will be assisting us at our first event including Mr Bryant. I'll post where each of our future events are being held and anyone interested in helping out can give us a shout.

Should be a good turn out at this event for people, robots and volunteers, apparently last year it topped 500+ people through the doors and we should have 2 kits, 5-8 FWs and 3-5 non competition robots in attendance too as well as loads of other stuff going on both from us and other groups in attendance.

Will add more information when it comes up "
anttazz

Re: ScotBots

Post by anttazz »

Our full website and Robot Shop are now up and running.

Check out http://www.scotbots.co.uk for more information :)