Antweight Websites

Plug your website here

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

Looking good Peter, are there any videos around of you rallying?

I know this isn't the place for it, but the Planet T5 module looks very interesting; would it not be possible to do something similar with the AR6300 (just solder pins directly between them rather than using plugs) and having something even lighter and thinner than what you have currently?

I've just updated my website, with information on the newest version of Void, if anyone's interested. I also fixed a few broken links (thanks Joey!), and finally made my contact page work again - it turned out it my host wasn't allowing it to be viewed because it had the word "MSN" in it :roll:.

Simon, would you be kind enough to add me to the list of links on antweightrobots.com please?
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

They didn't have much in the way of video when I was rallying it was 35 years ago. You just want to see if my driving was as bad back then.
Although you might be able to save a small amount of weight and space by directly soldering the AR6300 it wouldn't be much and they are over ?40 each where as with the Planet R6M you save a lot of space and it is only ?10.
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

You got it Scott

Simon
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

Hi.
I have just finished my website - team payback robotics.com!
I have got a home, robots, how to, gallery, and links page.

I will dot pictures around the place when i have actually taken some this weekend (whitwick) , and also hopefully put some videos of battles up there. :D
feed-back would be cool!

ps - i came 58th out of 103 on space invaders! :P
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Looking good. Feel free to embed any of my youtube videos...

One suggestion, put some build diaries on there. I think that's particularly interesting to potential new roboteers.

Simon
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

Definitely put build diaries on there, I remember when I first started the person who built Close Shave way back when Ants first began had an excellent one that really got me interested in building my own. Sadly the Wayback Machine hasn't archived it particularly well.

I re-did my website recently too, hoping to keep it up to date this time! I've got a build diary for my new ant, Myth, and might put a retrospective build diary for Bobblebot on there too... if I can remember what order I built in in! :P
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

I cant put build diaries on there, as i made this site for free, and i would have to pay to get any more pages. :(
Last edited by alasdair on Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

I put the video of MANTis in the gallery rather than on the robots page. I dont really like the text styles on the robots names. What do you guys think i should do?
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

Team HGL website is now officially published also. Have a look and tell me what you think.

www.teamhgl.webs.com
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

It looks good Jonathan, nice and shiny but a bit slow to load, I'm not sure why.

Alasdair, give wordpress.com a try, I know it's a blogging site, but I had a play with wordpress a year ago and you can do an awful lot with it, also, you won't be limited by space and there are no ads.

Simon