Robots on TV

All things HEAV-VY!!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

petec

Robots on TV

Post by petec »

I don't know if any of you guys saw it the other night but as well as having the infamous Titan the Robot (yes, that one ModelWorld fans) Big Brother this week had a task final using housemate built robots against the one and only Bigger Brother!

Has anyone spotted any other heavyweights on TV programmes?
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

I don't watch Big Brother but it was linked on the FRA forum, I think the makers of Big Brother have some nerve asking Ian to help after the problems they caused him :P

I've not seen any heavies on TV recently, seen a few on repeats of things like Mechanibals, however the featherweights got quite a big airing on The Gadget show recently, where the presenters designed and built their own FW to take on Block Of Wood, 360 and 2 time uk champion Beauty 2.

I'll post if I see any more on TV

PS:
Pete, you seriously watch Big Brother?!
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

When was that, it sounds quite good (the gadget show).
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

It was about 4 months ago, Robochallenge helped them build it and supplied the arena to fight in, and they were also on the Gadget Show LIVE tour and were really popular. I'll see if I can find any footage from the episode
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

Here's the RoboChallenge/Gadget Show footage: http://fwd.five.tv/gadget-show/videos/c ... s-complete