Will's Nanoweights

If Fleaweights are just too big...

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

teamocean

Re: Will's Nanoweights

Post by teamocean »

Its a pretty straightforward process :) when you remove the board from the servo you remove the potentiometer and replace it with fixed resistors (normally 2.2k) and then wire it up as usual
Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

oh right, thanks :)
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
teamocean

Post by teamocean »

After a bit of thought I finally decided that I need another nano spinner so I have rebuilt Inertia XT :)

It now has proper gearmotors for drive and a deltang rx to get the size and weight down. With the old disc it weighs in around 30g but I have just ordered a new single tooth blade which should come in at half the weight and bring it back under the limit while hopefully still packing a similar punch as this one as it currently spins and hits very well- it has been sending my other nanos from one side of the room to the other :P

Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

cool! is the spinner motor one out of a servo?
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
teamocean

Post by teamocean »

[Ualttp://s881.photobucket.com/user/team-shock/media/20150806_195203_zpsnx7oqtomorrow tml]Image[/URL]

ust realised that I haven't updated this for a while. Will give a full update of my new nanos tomorrow but my latest one works very well.

Given the new 60mm cube I have been able to rebuild Inertia XT properly. It has the new nanobox gearmotors fitted into a new chassis and the end result is pretty good. The disc is capable of throwing another nano up to a couple of meters away so it should be fun in competition :) and it only weighs 24g :)

I also have the new Inversion XT and Reducto 2 which I'll get some photos of tomorrow.
Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk