Nanoweight Robots

If Fleaweights are just too big...

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Rapidrory

Re: Nanoweight Robots

Post by Rapidrory »

I could mod some for you (don't worry, I'm modding Will's and Alex's for them as well, so don't feel too bad :L).
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Robots: Nuts 2 and many more...

NanoTwo Motor Controllers: https://nutsandbots.co.uk/product/nanotwodualesc
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

You can get forward and reverse using the Deltang Rx43d-3-v5.
If you set H1 and H2 outputs to what they call half stick control (centre off) you can use the two 400ma full bridge outputs.
I can't seem to get mixing but I can do that on the transmtter.
Thats the battery I have ordered so it is good to see it is man enough.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

I still get people to mod servos if I want to go old school. Normal ones are too fiddly for me, let alone ones of this size.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I know what you mean I had to modify these gear motors and that was hard enough but easier than the tiny servo's.
Here it is starting to take shape so far 13 gms without battery, lifter servo or power switch / socket.
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

Looking good Pete! I have one of those batteries in MiniDozer which has 5 servos, and it goes for ages (contrary to my previous post on the subject where it just wasn't charged :roll:)

Hogi, I could buy you the servos, modify them, then attach them to a Lemon Rx (I have plenty in stock) if that's easier? Would come in at around £20 in total. Do you have a transmitter with mixing?
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Hogi

Post by Hogi »

are they easy to get with weight provided you use the right components? also, does anyone know of a vtail mixer that's small enough to go in a nanoweight?
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

If you use some of that 1mm HDPE of yours, then you'll be fine for weight. MiniDozer is 4wd, has a flipper, and weighs in at 21g, so with just a 2WD pusher you should have plenty of weight spare.

Vtail mixers do work with Nanos; I've got one in MiniDozer. I got it from here as HK was out of UK stock: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Turnigy-Servo ... OU:GB:3160
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Hogi

Post by Hogi »

that sounds great by the way Rory. mum says she'll talk to you about it at the AWS or antweight open as i'll have to put it on my christmas list.

i'm just glad this weight class is being discussed again. i used to drive alsoran ( peter's nanoweight ) in defiant cluster before i got my own clusterbot and i always thought that a few more robots should be built that size. they seem relatively simple to build as well. should also encourage a few fleaweight clusterbots as well which would be brilliant to see.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

Does anybody know if SG90s or 50s would do the job if I took the motors out and angled them downwards so that the original gear on the motor (which will be coated in rubber) touches the ground. I would remove all plastic casing and replace the potentiometers with fixed 2.2K resistors to save weight. That would mean losing a) The gears b) The heavy outer casing and c) The potentiometer. I could then use them as the drive thus saving weight on wheels. I would also unsolder the pins from my OrangeRx and solder motor connections directly. I could also remove the switch which could save weight. Does that sound OK everybody or is it just me being completely ridiculous? It will not be very competitive, just something for me to join you with. Thanks everyone!
playzooki

Post by playzooki »

looks good, might have a go at this, already have some ~0.5mm hdpe