Proposed addition to rules

A discussion forum for proposed changes to the AWS rules (2014)

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Forum rules
* Only one rule per thread. Any deviation will be moved by the moderators.
* Keep the discussions on-topic, relevant and polite. Anything else WILL be removed by the moderators.
* If you start a new thread (to discuss a different rule) quote the existing rule in the first post so everyone knows what you're talking about.
* The existing rules (version 4.2) can be found here: http://robotwars101.org/ants/rules.htm
Hogi

Re: Proposed addition to rules

Post by Hogi »

me neither, which is why i proposed to make both fleas fit in the antweight cube together rather than agreeing that they should be banned completely.

as far as i'm concerned any cluster whether it is 2 fleas, light ant and rc toy or purpose built comes under the deffinition of the clusterbot robot type ( a robot composed of more than one seperate parts ) and therefore any of those designs is valid.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

Absolutely - you are spot on there!
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Dan, clusterbots are checked whether they fit in a four inch cube together, even one made of two fleas. They get no advantage. It is right that, because a fleaweight must fit into a 3" cube for the FWS, that it is almost impossible that two together won't fit in the 4" cube, but it is still checked at sign up.
Getting the thread back on track, I don't think there is any reason to alter the rules we currently run to, though I would still like to see a addition that, if you are helping someone else drive their cluster, you should drive the 'lesser' part of it (where a lesser part is clearly indentifiable).
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

That is the way to do it- nothing wrong with that at all. Maybe the 'lesser' part of the cluster should be judged on weight (more than 10g less than the other botlet) for easy identification of which driver should be driving which botlet and whether or not it is giving somebody an unfair advantage or not.
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

agreed. this proposal gets my vote.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
Occashokka

Post by Occashokka »

BeligerAnt wrote:Everyone seems to be ignoring the existing rules:
5h) All teams must be self-contained in terms of driver, transmitter, robots and battery packs, i.e. these cannot be shared with another team.
I agree and I don't see why this should be altered to say that all drivers must be in the team except those driving lesser halves of cluster bots
Team Badger
Has a 3d printer now yay
-£4.82+VAT (intact)
-cool modulated printed thingy
-not yet built nasty mean spinnt thingy

I'm gonna build something huge and stupid, try and stop me :P