Much competition?

Discuss your 1.4kg monsters here

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Paulmchurd

Much competition?

Post by Paulmchurd »

Where do beetle builders hang out?

Is there much competition for beetle builders? I don’t see any competitions held advertised on here.
Ocracoke

Re: Much competition?

Post by Ocracoke »

I dunno to be honest as to where they hang out - I suspect more to the FRA forum but even then, Beetle builders tend to be part of a team that also runs a Feather or a Ant.

There was the UWE Beetle Brawl back in February, I think there is another one at Robots Live! Burgress Hill (too far for me sadly) and then there is the Kinematic event in September as well (http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/threads ... mpionships) but that hasn't opened up for applicants yet, would like to put my Beetle back into the fray. :D
Team Kaizen

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
FW: Azriel
MW: Jibril, Kaizen
Paulmchurd

Post by Paulmchurd »

Ah thanks.

I signed up to FRA ages. An admin still hasn’t processed me so I can’t click on links or pictures. Oh well, I could pester them.

Thanks for the link. I could possibly build something by then. Plenty of time.
voorsk

Post by voorsk »

i had that issue with FRA, too. said it was awaiting authorization which never came.

i tried using a different email more recently, and the message had changed - you now only get access if you pay up a fiver per year, so i paid up on my original account.

even that seems a bit quiet.
Team BLEEP Suspicious Houmous / Sprouting Potato / Fermented Melon / Black Carrot
Ocracoke

Post by Ocracoke »

I guess it is quiet there because it is "off season" for the FW/HW events at the moment. It'll pick up again.
Team Kaizen

Shakey

Post by Shakey »

The FRA became quiet a long time ago (a few years), build diaries which were the mainstay just kinda fell out of fashion, far less people keep them these days. And a lot of the small topics like quick questions and stuff went to the groups on FB and stuff.
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
JeffSergeant

Post by JeffSergeant »

I'm working on my first beetle-weight at the moment! The facebook group I found was 'Beetleweight Robot Combat Discussion' which seems relatively active.

If nothing else the 'Robots Live!' people seem to regularly have a beetleweight sideshow to enter; next one is at Grantham on the 23rd/24th June.
DieGracefullyRobotics

Post by DieGracefullyRobotics »

Just for the record, Robots Live do limit pit space for beetleweight-only roboteers and there has been talk of limiting it further, so make sure you get an official sign up confirmation before making the trip to one of their events.

There is a beetleweight championships in October. The weekend before the AWS, I believe. The class has an active community on Facebook which is the best way to keep in the loop. I'm not really a fan of beetles or Facebook so I don't know the full details.
Dave
Die Gracefully Robotics - Barely Even a Proper Team.
Ocracoke

Post by Ocracoke »

...next one is at Grantham on the 23rd/24th June
Good good, I'll reassemble Shu! for then. The Grantham pits area is really spacious but I can see why RL might want to limit this since it isn't generally for public viewing (except for the VIP folks).
There is a beetleweight championships in October. The weekend before the AWS, I believe.
The Kinematic European championships I believe (sign ups haven't opened for that I don't think?) which is on the 6th of October.
Team Kaizen