Micro Mouse

Discussions around autonomous, semi-automatic and intelligent robots and systems.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

peterwaller

Micro Mouse

Post by peterwaller »

As some of you know I went to the 2007 micromouse contest last year to compete with my minisumo and got hooked on the micromouse events as well. I have built a noncontact wall follower and am now trying to build the ultimate a maze solving mouse. Last week I attended the 2008 event and was amazed to find that one of the top teams are now offering a maze solver mouse kit for just ?66. It uses two PIC processors and can be programmed in basic although the software is provided. If anyone is interested in a nice educational project try www.picone.co.uk . Had I not already got my solver mostly built I would have bought one.
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

Im am just starting in a micro muse club at school. My tecg teacher says he know you! :D He said that he is friends with a person who does antweights, sumo and micromouse and he said that his suname was waller. :D
widow_twanky

Post by widow_twanky »

Pete,

You know that most mazes are in fact simple mazes which can be solved by a wall follower.

In a simple maze if you follow the right hand wall apparently you will get to the middle or the exit.

Andy (I amaze myself at the level of irrelevant information in my mind) steels
slurp

Post by slurp »

widow_twanky wrote:You know that most mazes are in fact simple mazes which can be solved by a wall follower.
There are a number of different competitions, you'll see some wall following competitions in Birminham (there's another event in November) but mose of the mazes for solving have traps to stop simple wall follower from reaching the centre!

regards,
colin
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

I am now officially entering the micromouse competition in january.