Superant Kit!

Like antweights...only bigger!! (Unfortunately dead now...)

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

alasdair

Superant Kit!

Post by alasdair »

I have found that roaming robots are bringing out a superant kit! It is not yet for sale, but i saw a prototype at my birthday party (Jon Findlay brought some battle ratz, and he showed it to me) and it looks pretty good. With a servo powered flipper. 8) looks vaguely like a big criminal ant...
haz

Post by haz »

Cool, ho w much will cosy
haz

Post by haz »

sorry i did that on my phone in maths so what i ment 2 say was cool, how much will they be? :P
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

I dont know, no more that ?100 probably
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

For that money (or not much more than it) you can build an ant, and actually have competitions and a wide range of other roboteers and robots to fight against, rather than joining a dead weight class. It seems a bit strange to me :-?.
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

I think the intention with these (as with the 6kg BattleRatz kits) is to create a new beginners-only class, rather than join on to an existing class, but it still seems odd when they're so near to the very popular antweights and considering that ants aren't exactly difficult or expensive to build...
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

EpicentrE wrote:For that money (or not much more than it) you can build an ant, and actually have competitions and a wide range of other roboteers and robots to fight against, rather than joining a dead weight class. It seems a bit strange to me :-?.
Thats what struck me
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Have you spoken to Jonno about it? He's a reasonable chap.

Simon
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

Simon Windisch wrote:Have you spoken to Jonno about it? He's a reasonable chap.

Simon
Well, i have not seen him since, but i will expect anyone going to roaming robots portsmouth will see him ( i am)
terminaldamage

Post by terminaldamage »

He's posted a couple of videos of the kit prototype running about on Youtube. In the video info, he mentioned a price of around ?49.99. That's not too bad for a complete kit from scratch and while it may be cheaper to do it yourself or build an antweight for a few pounds more, some people don't have the skills or technical understanding. This kit is probably quite a good option for them.
Jamie McHarg
RogueTwo Robots
www.rogue-two-robots.vze.com

With great power, comes great reliability.